Wish him all the best in his recovery.
Looks like we will never find out if he could have been a top coach-manager

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Shocking time for the fella. Must be absolutely dreadful, but recent events have certainly given him a reality check. Fearing for his safety in Israel, and now back in England, his heart problems may even have him questioning his general health. Suddenly football seems incredibly irrelevant.

Get well soon Oscar, wishing you all the very best.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Five job moves in two and a half years is some going, even by today's crazy football standards. I wish Oscar well.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Sad news. It must be more serious than we thought. I seriously wonder whether living in Tel Aviv during recent events may have exacerbated things. Good luck for the future, Oscar.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Was it ever confirmed he had heart problems? To me his illness and everything i've read seems to suggest a major stress related illness/depression, an incredibly debilitating illness and not one i would wish on anyone. The pressure Garcia was under as a manager, trying to survive in Israel with missiles and bombs all around and alleged marriage problems would be enough for anyone to cope with.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Feel for him. It's often the quiet ones who build up the pressure on themselves rather than the arm waving shouty managers. Oscar's demeanour is very unusual for a Spaniard and I hope it is just a family decision rather than anything more sinister. A genuinely nice guy I believe.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
As we have said before, some things are bigger than football.
If he has a life threatening condition,then he should be with his loved ones.
He should have netted enough with his career at Barca to see him through.
All the best Oscar and good luck for your future.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Can't do anything but wish him well. He does seem to be a rather troubled man, here's wishing his circumstances improve soon.

I agree with all of that. I'm not quite sure what to make of Oscar, troubled is as good as I could come up with. But something about his managerial footprint is rather unusual. Anyway good luck to him. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here