Gannon out at Vale

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Well at least he won't need to hitch hike from a service station again.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Maybe Micky can rejoin Vale and then Gannon can have a crack at the Sheffield United job.....

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Classic case of only being able to do the job at the one club ... the club he'd been at years and knew from top to bottom and inside out.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Presumably it's as much about the spat on the team bus between Gannon and Geoff Horsefield the other week as the team's inept performances on the pitch. Apparently Horsefield is still there and will be assisting youth coach Mark Grew tomorrow. Vale fans are ecstatic

nutter

Jul 6, 2003
Brighton
The guy seams to be a fruitcake! He has that air of self importance. So glad we didn't give him the job a few years back!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
How many clubs have had three sets of management this season (not including temporary charge)?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Dodged a bullet there didn't we. After DK all but confirmed his appointment, I can remember feeling pretty miffed and disappointed at his non-arrival at the time. That and the fact he seemed to be USING us to engineer his position at Stockport.

That said, once TB took over it was always going to be a case of him bringing his own man in, so Gannons days here would probably have been just as numbered as Salde's.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Dodged a bullet there didn't we. After DK all but confirmed his appointment, I can remember feeling pretty miffed and disappointed at his non-arrival at the time. That and the fact he seemed to be USING us to engineer his position at Stockport.

That said, once TB took over it was always going to be a case of him bringing his own man in, so Gannons days here would probably have been just as numbered as Salde's.

Didn't we court him again, either in the summer after the great escape or after Salde got the sack? Or was that just a rumour?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Didn't we court him again, either in the summer after the great escape or after Salde got the sack? Or was that just a rumour?

I don't recall there being any doubt about Salde getting the job that summer after he'd kept us up.

I doubt whether Bloom then courted Gannon after he'd sacked Salde tbh, I think he was looking at a better calibre of manager than that. And Gannons situation had probably been sorted by then anyway.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Fair enough for slagging Adams for walking off mid-season but how he can be blamed for what Gannon has done?

Clearly he psychologically damaged his team! Why should they bother perforoming for their manager when doing so led to the last opne buggering off at the first opportunity. If he had stayed, they would never have to put up with Gannon, etc.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Classic case of only being able to do the job at the one club ... the club he'd been at years and knew from top to bottom and inside out.

He was decent enough at Dundalk, but then again, my mother would probably be able to make a decent stab at it in AD1.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports