Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gannon..it's up to you now...

pyi

Jul 24, 2007
Gannon - it's up to you now

It would appear that Jim Gannon is the man Dick Knight wants to be the next Brighton manager.

Knight says:

'I had another good meeting with another candidate but I think Jim is edging it, He is the man for us.'

'We had a very thorough meeting and during it he confirmed my best thoughts about him in terms of his perspective on the game. We were in accord on a whole number of things.'

'He hasn`t said yes and he hasn`t said no. Right now he is undecided.'

'It`s a huge decision for him because he has been at Stockport as a player for over 500 games and as manager.'

Paul Ince's agent, Steve Kutner, has been on record as saying there has been no contact with Brighton.

Knight also says 'I`ve now got well over 50 applicants of very good quality and there is one other person that I am due to meet today.'

---------------------

So, looks like Jim will sit down with the County board and my guess is he will ask for concrete plans for the club. Where are County going? What security is their for him, his team and the players?

I suspect the answers he wants will not be the answer he receives and that we are now very close to losing the man who got us out of the **** and who is 'Mr Stockport' to many fans.

I did hear a whisper though that Jims remuneration package at County was very, very good indeed and that there is now way Stcokport County can afford that in our current plight. In fact it was suggested to me that County really have never been able to afford Jim.

So, what kind of desire is there within the club hierarchy to actually hang onto Jim?

I think its odds on we will be looking for a manager sometime soon.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here