Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Game plan for tomorrow night

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
My game plan is to get into Dicks as early as I can - 5.45pm :drink::)

Might i suggest a new Good luck Drink? something you have not tried before for the cause :drink: :thumbsup:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Attack, Attack, Attack...

Get in and around the box, draw fouls, free kicks, penalties anything...

Attack, Attack, Attack...

We have absolutely nothing to lose go for it, no time for caution or a slow start....

As we used to sing.... Get into em, feck em up, get into em....

Early goal and they will panic, if the crowd are right behind the team it will effect them, doubt will creep in.
This needs to be sung as they are warming up, by everyone. Let them know what we expect.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
To expect us to put three more goals past a parsimonious Sheff Wed in 90 minutes is some going, so CH will have to plan how to maximise the most out of the limited number of players available, possibly for 120 minutes, while also being able to adapt our formation. With this in mind, a few ideas:

-- start with a 4-4-1-1 formation, with Rosenoir on the right wing, with a line-up something like:

-------------------- Stockdale ---------------
Bruno ----- Greer ----- Dunk ----- Bong
Rosenoir --- Kayal --- Crofts --- Skalak
-------------------- Murphy -------------------
------------------- Baldock -------------------

-- for the last ten minutes of the first half, shift to a 4-4-2, with Dunk playing up front, Rosenior to right back, Bruno to centre back, Skalak to right wing to whip in his Beckhamesque crosses on to Dunk's head, and Murphy to run at them from the left

-- look to bring attacking substitutions any time from 45 to 75 minutes: KLL, Towell (it might even be worth starting with him, and then bringing Manu off the bench) and Wilson.

--

This wouldn't work on FM or FIFA never mind in a real game. While we're throwing our chance away by adopting these tactics while not but Stockdale up front and Baldock in goal just to surprise Wednesday.

I do wonder sometimes how people can support a team and watch them on a regular basis and have absolutely no idea on tactics.

I would have thought that we would be happy to reach half time at 0-0 as it is an evening to be patient and not throw everything forward from the 1st minute. The stating point has to be not to concede the 1st goal otherwise that leaves us needing 4 to win without penalties. yes if still 0-0 after 60 mins or so the time will come to push more forward.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Nonsense...
If we score early Wednesday will shite themselves big time and this will give us a massive boost.This is the playoffs not a league game and we're 2-0 down.

I agree i am just in favour of going into the lead after 20 minutes,that said this is a play off scenario 0-2 down....? hmmm perhaps you right

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Tricky because it could be over 120 mins. We can only use 3 players in our starting 11 who may not last the whole potential game.

I would start:

-------------Stockdale------------
Bruno ---- Greer----Dunk -----Bong
Towell----Kayal---- Rosenior
Skalak ---- Baldock----- KLL

I've got a feeling that Baldock will do his hamstring tomorrow, and maybe Kaz won't last the whole game.

We won't win any headers with Baldock so we wll have to play along the ground.

Last edited:

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
its all about lua lua for me . sling him in and tell him to terrorise them from the off . get the crowd going , get weds on the back foot and see what happens. He's probably the only player we have who can do that now .

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
4-2-3-1
Stockdale
Bruno Greer Dunk Bong
Towell Kayal
Rosenior Skalak Murphy
Baldock

Subs Maaenpa, Calderon, Rea (are we allowed to use him?), Lua Lua, Holla, Wilson, Tilley (Hemed, if fit enough for the bench.

Get at them from the off, press high, yes we may get caught on the counter, but we do have a decent back 5.
If we tire in the second half, or god forbid pick up more injuries there is cover for just about everyone from the bench.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
its all about lua lua for me . sling him in and tell him to terrorise them from the off . get the crowd going , get weds on the back foot and see what happens. He's probably the only player we have who can do that now .

I did consider him in my team above, instead of Rosy, but if we still need to chase goals later on, he is far more effective from the bench against tired defenders

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Raskolnikov

Aug 13, 2014
Wivenhoe
Could be potentially see the introduction of Henrik Bjørdal on the bench? Wasn't he meant to be fast tracked, if that makes sense, into the first team before we bought Skalak-Knockaert?

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Could be potentially see the introduction of Henrik Bjørdal on the bench? Wasn't he meant to be fast tracked, if that makes sense, into the first team before we bought Skalak-Knockaert?

I forgot all about him, good shout. There is potential for a few to be looking at their first time on the bench, Bjordal, Harper, Hambo are the obvious ones.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Need to get their defenders yellow carded early on.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Sheffield Wednesday are a good team and if we throw everything at them too early they are more than good enough to hit us on the break, score a goal and then it's all over.

So I would actually play our normal game and try to keep it tight. After all, defence is the one area we can actually put out a first-choice line-up. Remember, even if it's still 0-0 after 75 minutes we are still in it. 0-0 at half-time certainly isn't a disaster. I don't think we have the players available to go all out attack and win 4-0, so keep calm and play as normal would be my message.

This is exactly how I see it. Keep it tight at the back and be clinical up front. It is quality rather than quantity in the final third that we need.

minnieme

Sep 10, 2006
Brighton
we were 2 down at home to Charlton & scored 3 in 45 minutes so 3 in ninety is not impossible, get to full time at 2-2 & they will crumble.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Before we can even think about getting goals, we need to get control of the midfield. I think the line-up may be less attacking than some would like with Rosenior on the wing. Makes sense though as throwing everything at them recklessly risks getting caught and being out of it by half time. Obviously we need to set the tempo but if the crowd can have a bit of patience and keep up the noise even if we're not making great progress that's got to help massively. Look how Wednesday tailed off before our injuries after a blindingly fast start - it will almost certainly happen to us at some point too.

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
Run at them with Skalak, Wilson and Baldock and when they are knackered bring on Murphy Lualua and Manu and run at them some more!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here