Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Game of thrones

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
The fact he killed off the two (arguably 3) of the lead roles (in my opinion) in the first book, should set you up for the fact that no character is sacred!

Robert, Ned and....?

I'm probably having a brain freeze, but I can't think of another at this moment.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
HBO confirmed yesterday that Game Of Thrones will run to 7 series. Potentially the series finale will not end up the same as G R R Martin intended it and there could be alternate endings , one for TV and another for the books.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I tried to read the first book, but, like with lord of the rings, I found it hard to follow the details. I got the basic gist of things, but struggled to keep all the characters and their relationships straight in my head. Then the first two seasons became available on demand on sky so I downloaded and started watching them. That took me a few months to get through season one. But season two really seemed to click for me, and I got through the first five quite quickly, then got distracted with other TV shows, films and books and Lego marvel super heroes.

But a couple of weeks ago I got back into season two, then downloaded season three as they are all available in demand now. Finished season three last night. I still don't have all the names and relations straight.

I knew of 'the red wedding', and that "everyone dies!!!", but as the end of season three approached, there were four weddings on the horizon (Frey, sensa, cersai, Joffrey) and wit the idea that everyone wants the throne and Joffrey is the king, I was expecting his to be the red wedding. Gotta say, I was pretty disappointed by the red wedding given I was expecting so many to be killed off, and it was only three characters of note (one of whom looked like an ex girlfriend, so it was fun seeing her viciously bite it)

I think Joffrey is my favourite character. He is so stupid while thinking himself smart, so cowardly while thinking himself brave, so childish while thinking himself manly, and so deliciously evil. The small council meeting where Charles dance sends him to bed without his supper was hilarious.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
For those GOT fans in the States that cannot wait until April 6[SUP]th[/SUP], they can go to the Barclay Center in New York this Thursday to see the first episode of Season 4. Seems to me that this is HBO cashing in on the success of the series, although according to our office assistant who is going they are only charging $15 which I suppose aint bad. Just hope they all keep their gobs shut and don’t start releasing spoilers.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Just finished watching the first episode of the new series. Nothing spectacular but nicely sets the scene for the new season. Sunday nights just weren't the same without GOT - welcome back. Also good to see how much British talent there is both on the screen as well as behind it.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Good first episode I think - introduced the key new character for this series nicely and set things in motion for later on.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
HBO have renewed GoT for Series 5 and 6

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Cracking second episode, love a whodunnit. Took me by surprise once again. What a tv program!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here