Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Game of thrones

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
SPOILERS

I didn't know what the ending was, although I wasn't particularly surprised when I saw it - he had it coming.

As for Lena Headey - she has been the outstanding actress from season one, fantastic, a lot of tough scenes in this series (particularly this episode) - but she absolutely nailed it.

She used a body double allegedly for the naked scenes

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
More sex, violence, magic, dragons, sex, politics, deception, sex, intrigue, love, and swords, lots of swords. Going to be good.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
As someone who has read the books I'm torn about whether to watch. I was totally shocked when Shireen died, for example - because I know she's alive in the books. Same with Stannis. Do I really wanna know?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
As someone who has read the books I'm torn about whether to watch. I was totally shocked when Shireen died, for example - because I know she's alive in the books. Same with Stannis. Do I really wanna know?

Just watch and enjoy without thinking too much of the books, they're almost two seperate things with the same characters at this stage.

As for Stannis, GRRM has confirmed that he is 100% still alive in the books irrespective of his status/fate in the show which pleases me as he's my favourite character in the whole thing aside from the definitely dead Prince Oberyn.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Bit like Andrea in The Walking Dead then?

I think it's ok to watch the series after reading the proper version (in general). Once you accept that they're totally different you can still enjoy the latter.

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
Arya's storyline at The House of Black and White is without doubt my favourite towards the end of the books. Can't wait to see how it pans out this series.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Bit like Andrea in The Walking Dead then?

I think it's ok to watch the series after reading the proper version (in general). Once you accept that they're totally different you can still enjoy the latter.

Haven't read TWD comics but if she's alive in the comics I'm glad they deviated from the script!

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Just watch and enjoy without thinking too much of the books, they're almost two seperate things with the same characters at this stage.

As for Stannis, GRRM has confirmed that he is 100% still alive in the books irrespective of his status/fate in the show which pleases me as he's my favourite character in the whole thing aside from the definitely dead Prince Oberyn.

Yeah I get that but I find it hard to separate them. I know that if/when I read TWOW when Jon opens his icy walker eyes I'll see TV Snow etc. Life's hard eh?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Haven't read TWD comics but if she's alive in the comics I'm glad they deviated from the script!
You haven't lived!

It's still going and is amazing. Much more in depth and better than the tv series (although I've recently started binge watching that and it is good).

I'll not spoil it for you other than to say that the encounter with the governor is VERY different in the original, and he's even more of a c***. And Andrea is awesome.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
You haven't lived!

It's still going and is amazing. Much more in depth and better than the tv series (although I've recently started binge watching that and it is good).

I'll not spoil it for you other than to say that the encounter with the governor is VERY different in the original, and he's even more of a c***. And Andrea is awesome.

Very nerdy but the second half of this season of TWD is, imo, as good as any GoT. Might read the comics when it is all done and dusted.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Very nerdy but the second half of this season of TWD is, imo, as good as any GoT. Might read the comics when it is all done and dusted.

I'm only up to S4 on the tv series but await the release of the next graphic novel episode like a kid at Christmas. #sad #geek

Actually screw the pub I'm off home to watch another few.....

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Yeah I get that but I find it hard to separate them. I know that if/when I read TWOW when Jon opens his icy walker eyes I'll see TV Snow etc. Life's hard eh?

I'll be happy if/when there is even a TWOW for me to read - when I saw on Twitter that George Martin had died my thoughts did not go to the Beatles producer!

One interesting possibility with Season 6 is that there are to be flashbacks which may go at least some way to confirming R+L=J, if that does happen it'll be interesting to see whether that mirrors any revelation on those lines in TWOW because that could ultimately be THE crucial plot point of the whole thing.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
I'll be happy if/when there is even a TWOW for me to read - when I saw on Twitter that George Martin had died my thoughts did not go to the Beatles producer!

One interesting possibility with Season 6 is that there are to be flashbacks which may go at least some way to confirming R+L=J, if that does happen it'll be interesting to see whether that mirrors any revelation on those lines in TWOW because that could ultimately be THE crucial plot point of the whole thing.

Would love to see that scene "I looked for you at the Trident...."

Edit: In the trailer there is exactly that scene it seems. Wow.

Last edited:

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Just watched the new trailer - Theon looks as if he is being baptised by the Greyjoy sea god thing. Poor Theon isn't dead yet!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Would love to see that scene "I looked for you at the Trident...."

Edit: In the trailer there is exactly that scene it seems. Wow.

Yep, it really does seem like they're going there and doing that.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
NO SPOILERS

Just saw the first episode and the best I can say is nothing much happened. 6/10.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here