Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gai Assulin

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Now I have nothing to back this up, just a hunch. But I believe that we will have Assulin on a season long loan for next season. He hasn't played much for us (due to injury) and games are running out, yet unlike Razak he is still here. I wonder if its a case of learning how we play now, so that he can hit the ground running next season. For what I have seen he seems class , but he is somewhere off from being in Citys 1st team so it seems likely that he will go for a season long loan somewhere. Why not us?

Hopefully with Vicente, but it might be instead of.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Sounds good to me.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Bring it on, reckon he could be happy here and we will be happy if City pay some/most of his wages...

We should put in a sneaky bid as well, and hope City make him a good offer to leave on good terms

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I thought he flattered to deceive against Cardiff but I like the fact he always wants the ball and has quick feet. He is another player who could absolute run a game on his day.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Speaks Spanish (I think - due to time at Barcelona?) and a chance to learn and one day take over from Vicente? Why would he move? But we should buy him rather than put that opportunity his way for no eventual reward.

LAMBRETTA MAN

Feb 5, 2012
Bin keeping a eye out on this guy , and is a class act would do well to keep him . Seems as though he has the right attitude to go with the talent.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Assulin has tremenduously quick feet, and a trick or two, but in his limited chances so far, has he actually created anything at all? Very skillful player, but thus far yet to be convinced that he is capable of really influencing a game. More Israeli Noone, than Israeli Messi.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Might be out of our price range? His fee will include potential, which he has bags of. Maybe Mancini will see us as the team to help bring out that potential.

Speaks Spanish (I think - due to time at Barcelona?) and a chance to learn and one day take over from Vicente? Why would he move? But we should buy him rather than put that opportunity his way for no eventual reward.

LAMBRETTA MAN

Feb 5, 2012
Assulin has tremenduously quick feet, and a trick or two, but in his limited chances so far, has he actually created anything at all? Very skillful player, but thus far yet to be convinced that he is capable of really influencing a game. More Israeli Noone, than Israeli Messi.
Give him more than 20 minutes and you will change your views , check out what he can do on you tube.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Give him more than 20 minutes and you will change your views , check out what he can do on you tube.

I've seen a lot more than 20 minutes. He sparkled early on, in the one game he started, but ultimately created nothing. Youtube clips are fun to get a taste for a player you've never seen for real. As for what the lad is capable of, I think the evidence of my own eyes, watching what he can do at Championship level, carries a lot more weight than a couple of 30 second clips from Barcelona youth team games.

LAMBRETTA MAN

Feb 5, 2012
i have seen him and has more to offer than an out of form dicker and an in form bridcutt Plus Gus would of got rid of by now , so he can see the potential in him even if you can,t so i have an idea . Wont dont you pick the squad for the next 4 games and we can get rid of GUS .

Last edited:

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Instead of Vicente? I haven't heard anything as foolish from you since Mr Jolly's Maths class in 1978! ;)

However, I'm with you on the season-long-loan idea.

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
It's a shame about his injury as I thought he was slowly starting to get into his stride. When I have seen him play a few times, he skips past players with such ease, the ball just seems to stick to his feet and his first touch is exceptional...but something just hasn't clicked? I would love to keep him for next season, I think with regular playing time under his belt he could be a HUGE asset to the team and one of the most dangerous players in the Championship. If, and I serious hope this doesn't happen, Vicente goes, he would be an ideal replacement to fill CAM or on the wing.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
i have seen him and has more to offer than an out of form dicker and an in form bridcutt Plus Gus would of got rid of by now , so he can see the potential in him even if you can,t so i have an idea . Wont dont you pick the squad for the next 4 games and we can get rid of GUS .

Wow, what a spectacularly ridiculous over-reaction. Well done you.

Show me where I've said get rid? Or where I've offered to pick the team? Or suggested that Gus is wrong to have kept him on? Or even that he does not have great potential?

I said he has plenty to prove. Sorry if that upsets you.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
hope we can sign him - think we might need him as hard to see Vicente staying although we can hope

Not a direct replacement but has genuine ability and that sort of class is always a welcome commodity

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I am currently wishing (twice daily) that we:

Get Vicente for one more season (Very likely, only thing to change this is partner/wife pregnant and move back to Spain)
Sign Assulin on a two year deal (33% chance, will improve to 75% if above doesn't work out, if not at least a year loan?)
Play Noone or cash in (Would by far prefer the first, I think he's a top 3 player at BHA)
Don't sign Vokes (Seems ok, have better results with CMS & KLL or CMS & Ash, if we do sign a striker, sign a lump to knock on to CMS)
And most of all, Sir Poyet stays with us for at least two more seasons...

Not asking too much I don't think!

Oh yeah, number one priority in the summer could be to get a good keeper, I am available to go out to Spain to scout if you need me to Gus?

:thumbsup:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Are you 4 years old?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here