Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] FYI Local Covid Autumn booster roll out.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Had mine at my GP surgery on Tuesday, by invitation as I'm 66. Flu in one arm, COVID in the other. Only downside was having two very sore arms and feeling ill that night and the next day! Fine now, but maybe having them separately would have been better.

Wife and l are also both 66, had our 3rd Covid boosters and flu jab administered at the same time last November, one in each arm like you.

Whilst l was absoluely fine, thie missus suffered for a few days, she swears the nurse was overly zealous with the needle. Maybe not too surprising as it is all done on an industrial scale at Christ's Hospital, over 100 people per session, quickly relaced with another hundred.

Anyway we are all booked in for our next booster and flu jab on 16th October, arms at the ready.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Missus and I have tried for a local booking for the past 3 weeks but kept getting places in Kent and South London. Then yesterday Brighton racecourse popped up so we are booked there for October 17.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Not sure what's going on but

a) had an appointed at the race Course for covid jab last Tuesday at 17:40 confirmed... they closed at 17:00 only found out when i got there
b) had an appointment for pneumonia at doctors jab for Thursday morning - arrived sat down arm exposed... oh wait a minute we don't have any vaccine
c) rebooked Covid on Wednesday for this Saturday and its just been cancelled at least this time they notified me.
d) I live in Woodingdean, the nearest walk-in centre according to the online site is Crawley 20 miles away WTF

Nowhere near as serious as ambulance delays etc but this is jut simple stuff ...

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Mrs Jakarta getting hers on Saturday along with Flu Jab - so Double Bubble.
I am going to lurk around the Surgery to see if they will do me as well - you never know!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here