Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] FYI Local Covid Autumn booster roll out.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I managed to get jab 4 yesterday in big Tesco car park park in Hove on a walk in basis.

I hadn't received any prompt on the availability but live nearby and noticed they were doing it last week so got there nice and early to update my immune system.

At the moment they are doing Hove Tesco Wednesday and the Hove polyclinic Thursdays 10-2ish. You need to be there early as they are only proceedings about 20 people an hour.

If you feel you've been missed out these are options.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Got the invite for my 4th jab today.

Three days after testing positive for the first time.

Hope you're OK.

Edit:they asked me if I had tested positive for covid recently before administering the vaccine. Don't know how important this if your appointment for the jab is imminent as I've stopped pretending to be an immunologist and am now an economist ... such is the nature of social media/ existential angst.

Last edited:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Got the invite for my 4th jab today.

Three days after testing positive for the first time.

I also got a jab invite today, following on from yesterday's flu jab invite.
Anecdotally, there is a lot of CV about at present, and think things won't be that pretty over the next four months or so. Thanks to [MENTION=587]Pevenseagull[/MENTION] for starting thread, and hope it's a mild and brief one for you.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I think 50+

Although they were also jabbing anyone who hadn't had 3 (I think).
Having an NHS number helped the process.

The official nhs website says it’s still 65+ (or special cases) for seasonal booster with 50+ “in autumn”.

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
Had email invite today as well, checked walk-in options on the NHS website, and it gives sites in Crawley, Croydon, Havant and Guildford. So booked for a jab at a local pharmacy in a weeks time.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
The official nhs website says it’s still 65+ (or special cases) for seasonal booster with 50+ “in autumn”.

They only asked me if I was over 50 when they gave me a ticket and checked my NHS number when I got to the front of the queue.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
They only asked me if I was over 50 when they gave me a ticket and checked my NHS number when I got to the front of the queue.

That’s interesting, I might give it a try. What time of day was that in Tesco Hove? Also do you know what vaccine they gave you and was there any choice?

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
That’s interesting, I might give it a try. What time of day was that in Tesco Hove? Also do you know what vaccine they gave you and was there any choice?

They started jabbing at 10 and had enough doses to do a couple of hundred people.
The vaccine was a half and half of a previous one and a tweaked one for more recent variants, I don't know the details but it's the current recommended cocktail.
The stewards told me that there was a 2hr queue when they started administering at Mill View last week and that by 11 the queue was closed and there was a three hour wait.
A broader roll out is afoot.

I'd like to point out that there is a VERY good reason why I got mine done at the earliest possible opportunity having been overlooked by the system.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Interesting. I'm 65 and haven't been invited for one ... yet Mrs Gwylan, who's four years younger has. We think it's because she works in education but who knows the workings of the NHS

BigBod

Dec 12, 2014
Had mine on Saturday, I'm 57. Had my flu jab just a few days before. I was invited for my 4th jab by text from NHS...

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Based in southwick, tried to book walk in and nearest was given is Crawley.
WTF ???

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Interesting. I'm 65 and haven't been invited for one ... yet Mrs Gwylan, who's four years younger has. We think it's because she works in education but who knows the workings of the NHS

Are they trying to tell you that as your good lady works in education she must be brainy so gets a jab, and as you don't work in that sector they see you as being thick?

That's not nice!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here