[Other Sport] Fury Vs Wilder 3

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I shall await the result with disinterest.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
To be honest, after seeing Tyson's father was jailed for gouging another mans eye out in a petty feud, and his sons pretty violent trash talk in press conferences, I am now hoping he gets his gypsy parasite ass handed to him on a plate. I am normally rooting for the British guy.

Gypsy (real gypsy - i.e. Romany)? Or Irish traveller stock? 'British' covers a very broad spectrum, does it not?

Would still be rooting for Fury over that Joshua dodging Wilder though! Joshua needs to reverse that decision over Usyk, and then beat the shit out of Wilder, while Fury keeps his hand in beating White and/or Chisora - and then maybe - just maybe - boxing will provide us with a fight we all want. and one potentially worth going ppv for!

(And just to think, a couple of years back Wilder could have have the biggest fight of all, against Joshua - now he's just an undercard prelimiary for Joshua -Fury)..And if he just does manage to land a killer punch on Fury (unlikely after the first fight and Fury getting up and scaring him half to death), all he'll be left with with is facing Joshua at last .... or just retiring, and taking the moery and run. No more than half he'd got for taking on Joshua two years ago, when he was hot.

Last edited:

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Gypsy (real gypsy - i.e. Romany)? Or Irish traveller stock? 'British' covers a very broad spectrum, does it not?

He is of Irish traveller stock, which according to my Irish mother ' they were a bloody nuisance' Tinkers she called them.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Trying to decide what to do here. I’m absolutely knackered after my first week away on business in nearly two years, but I’d really like to watch this. If I go to bed and wake the kids up getting up to watch it’s going to be carnage, but I’m not sure I have it in me to stay up ‘til 5:30am.

What’s the thinking on the ring walk time? 3am I can just about manage. 4:30am will be trickier.

Sports pages still predict at 4:30 BST. I just think I can’t do it this time and be wrecked for the whole of tomorrow.

Regarding earlier posts by others, I used to dislike Fury and his awful comments.

I think he’s past those demons now, he channels his energy purely into his trade. A man mountain with brilliant US coaches, I see him bullying Wilder again and a stoppage.

Wilder’s one threat is the huge overhead rights, so you never know the outcome, especially with heavyweights.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Trying to decide what to do here. I’m absolutely knackered after my first week away on business in nearly two years, but I’d really like to watch this. If I go to bed and wake the kids up getting up to watch it’s going to be carnage, but I’m not sure I have it in me to stay up ‘til 5:30am.

What’s the thinking on the ring walk time? 3am I can just about manage. 4:30am will be trickier.

Ah well, fúck it, I’m up now. Didn’t regret it last time, hopefully I won’t this time either.

Weirdly, I’ve just dreamt the whole fight in vivid detail before waking up bang on 4:30 by pure fluke. It didn’t end well in my dream, hopefully that’s not an omen.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Wow. Great third round. Not sure Wilder has got it in him to last the 4th. Class from Fury.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Well the 4th round certainly put the cat amongst the pigeons. This could go either way now, any time.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Well, Wilder survived the 8th but looks absolutely shattered now. He’s well behind on points and doesn’t seem to have the power left. Hard to see anything other than a Fury victory at this stage, but a KO also seems likely.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports