[Other Sport] Fury vs Whyte

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Fury is going to lean-on and methodically jab from a safe distance the HELL out of Whyte for about 6 rounds.

Whyte will be absolutely gassed, having had a mountain of a man bearing down on him for 15 minutes, then a TKO somewhere between the 6th and the 12th for Fury.

Then Fury retires in his speech in-ring, as the 94,000 sell out crowd sing "ohhhhh oh Tyson Furyyy".

Saved you £25!

:cheers:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A class above from start to dramatic finish. Completely unmarked, whilst Whyte was blowing from the fifth and his defence was all over the place by the time Fury spotted the opening. Great hand speed throughout.

Whyte’s frustrated tactic was to try to punch the top of Fury’s head as clinches broke.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008

Plus I'm over £500 richer. The most obvious outcome to a "big" fight that I can remember, in that Fury's tactics were predictable, Whyte gassing after 6 was predictable, and a TKO finish was therefore inevitable.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
IPTV DAZN2 was your friend (does anyone still ACTUALLY pay for these things ?) ???

A fairly predictable plod. Good finish though.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Shit fight really. Thought whyte would have made it more than it was. Either showed how good fury is or how off the level whyte is.

I hope Joshua flukes a win against usyk as I can’t wait to see fury burry him then retire for good.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
A fairly predictable fight if you looked at the form line.

Fury dominated a similar style and ability Chisora over two fights. In either fight Fury didn’t lose a round with Chisora not able to get close.

Whyte had two nip and tuck thrillers with ‘Del Boy’ so couldn’t see anything other than a similar outcome.

I thought the end might come slightly later, but Fury keeps improving and developing and is genuinely a great fighter now.

Happy to have paid £25 to watch a great technician. Everything he does defensively and how he uses his size is good to watch.

The ending was great and now hopefully one more fight against the winner of Usyk vs Joshua.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Shit fight really. Thought whyte would have made it more than it was. Either showed how good fury is or how off the level whyte is.

I hope Joshua flukes a win against usyk as I can’t wait to see fury burry him then retire for good.

To be fair Munkfish didn’t get back from Wembley till late but just watched it again, it wasn’t a shit fight, it was the best Heavyweight boxer this country has ever produced at his peak against one of his perceived nearest challengers.

With his reach advantage and his boxing ability Whyte couldn’t get near him, and by the KO he was gassed.

IMHO Usyk will be the only current fighter who will technically have the skills to make a contest of it, AJ (and Hearn) know enough to have avoided Fury for all this time, he won’t beat Usyk anyway but if he did, a Fury/AJ fight will almost be a carbon copy of last night.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I think the banks of empty red seats at Wembley last night tell you everything you need to know about the popularity of Fury against AJ. Let's hope AJ can show Usyk who is boss on the rematch and thru can both get it on together in Saudi at the end of this year.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I think the banks of empty red seats at Wembley last night tell you everything you need to know about the popularity of Fury against AJ. Let's hope AJ can show Usyk who is boss on the rematch and thru can both get it on together in Saudi at the end of this year.

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports