Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Fury vs Chisora, in the realms of PT Barnum?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
"You can fool some of the people, some of the time."

Big advocate of Fury in light of his struggles with mental health and his subsequent sporting comeback, but even I think he's taking the piss now.

Fury vs Chisora '3' :ffsparr:

Saturday 3rd December at White Hart Lane, I will stand corrected but I don't think British domestic boxing has ever had an open air show in December!!!!

I appreciate he needs a 'warm up' fight to get ready for Usyk in March, but Del Boy?????

The Seagull

Jan 17, 2021
Was at the 2nd Fury/Chisora fight and Fury stood him on his head. Absolutely no need for this fight and not sure how Chisora qualified for it . One thing I know is, that it will sell out though, so it makes financial sense.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Was at the 2nd Fury/Chisora fight and Fury stood him on his head. Absolutely no need for this fight and not sure how Chisora qualified for it . One thing I know is, that it will sell out though, so it makes financial sense.
Would you like to have a £50 charity wager for Chestnut Tree House, the only childrens hospice in Sussex?

They will still be selling tickets on the day, and the TV coverage will show rows of empty seats, if not i will pay up (y)

The Seagull

Jan 17, 2021
I tell you what. I’ll go £20 and I’ll stand by it 👍🏻

(Not unsold tickets that are on the secondary market).

The Seagull

Jan 17, 2021
I do try.

As a side issue I was on your coach to Liverpool for the 2-2 cup game. A most eventful day 👍🏻

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Chisora is either very brave or very foolish - maybe both. Sure he'll get a lot of money, but is it worth risking his health for? As a sport, this appears to be the nearest equivalent to bear baiting, but with just the one outclassed dog. I really can't see many people getting enthusiastic about this fight, let alone paying money for it. Include me in that number!

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Fury giving his mate a last pay day
Having watched the press conference in their defence they’ve taken on the highest available rated fighter, Chisora, is still ranked Number 9, despite the 12 defeats on his record.

Still won’t sell out though.

And if the ring walk is at the traditional 10pm time, what will the temperature be on 3rd December?

Ref stops fight due to frostbite 😂

The Seagull

Jan 17, 2021
Having watched the press conference in their defence they’ve taken on the highest available rated fighter, Chisora, is still ranked Number 9, despite the 12 defeats on his record.

Still won’t sell out though.

And if the ring walk is at the traditional 10pm time, what will the temperature be on 3rd December?

Ref stops fight due to frostbite 😂
Ruiz, Helenius, Ortiz are all ahead of Chisora in WBC rankings (for what that systems worth).

It will be a very cold fight for the punters if the current fashion of shoes and no socks continues 😬

The Seagull

Jan 17, 2021
Would you like to have a £50 charity wager for Chestnut Tree House, the only childrens hospice in Sussex?

They will still be selling tickets on the day, and the TV coverage will show rows of empty seats, if not i will pay up (y)
Looks like I was wrong and a well deserving charity gets my £20 👍🏻

Attachments

• EEA42B2D-8EBF-40F3-AD49-4F3A5CEFD1FC.png
    EEA42B2D-8EBF-40F3-AD49-4F3A5CEFD1FC.png
    945.6 KB · Views: 39

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I think they did the Bruno v Bugner fight back in the day in winter at Wembley stadium. The fighters had to wear dressing gowns between rounds if I remember rightly.

As for this bout I think Fury will treat it as a sparring session and go easy on Chisora.

The Seagull

Jan 17, 2021
Seagull, I’m a old git, what did you picture show?

How many tickets they’ve sold?
It showed tickets for sale on Ticketmaster. I must say I’m surprised. Can’t see this being a sell out.

A good interview and the tough (but obvious) questions asked. Even Fury is trying to sell Chisora as a credible opponent instead of the usual “he’s a bum” remarks.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I think they did the Bruno v Bugner fight back in the day in winter at Wembley stadium. The fighters had to wear dressing gowns between rounds if I remember rightly.

As for this bout I think Fury will treat it as a sparring session and go easy on Chisora.
End of October 1987 at White Hart Lane, apparently it was freezing that night, put another 6 weeks on that 🙈

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here