Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Fury vs AJ Off for good?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Really struggling with the narrative now, is it a case of Fury put the Joshua camp into an impossible position with the 5pm deadline yesterday, meaning Fury can from now on say, "I gave him the chance but in the end he wouldn't sign"

Or does AJ think the level of defeat would effectively end his career and tarnish his legacy?

Or are they both as bad as each other????

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i read as no one is interested so need to ramp up some sort of grudge.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Really struggling with the narrative now, is it a case of Fury put the Joshua camp into an impossible position with the 5pm deadline yesterday, meaning Fury can from now on say, "I gave him the chance but in the end he wouldn't sign"

Or does AJ think the level of defeat would effectively end his career and tarnish his legacy?

The 5pm deadline was invented by Fury, it’s not endorsed by his team.
Just the latest example in Fury seeking attention and being a dick.
AJ wants the fight. Fury - I’m not so sure.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
AJ was saying I need time to go through the contract, the money that both men have is ludicrous and they could both afford a team of people to go through it in an hour, and then go back and forth and have it sorted in a few hours if they both wanted it.

Bollox from both sides, allowing both to say they actively wanted the fight without actually giving the nation what it wants.

pair of dossers

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
The 5pm deadline was invented by Fury, it’s not endorsed by his team.
Just the latest example in Fury seeking attention and being a dick.
AJ wants the fight. Fury - I’m not so sure.

what makes you say AJ wants the bout ......he's had ample opportunity.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
AJ was saying I need time to go through the contract, the money that both men have is ludicrous and they could both afford a team of people to go through it in an hour, and then go back and forth and have it sorted in a few hours if they both wanted it.

Bollox from both sides, allowing both to say they actively wanted the fight without actually giving the nation what it wants.

pair of dossers

Nope. Legally binding contracts always go through iterations of change after they’ve first been drafted. My company has a full legal department and even basic ones can take weeks to sign off.

IMO this is Fury trying to give AJ / Hearn unfavourable terms and pressuring them to sign off, with the threat that he can then pull out and blame AJ.

Fury isn’t a very nice man and has some extremely dubious “associates”. I lost the last of my respect for him on Saturday when he made the Parker bill all about himself. He’d smash AJ to bits in the ring though, so I suspect wants everything in his terms rather than dodging because he’s scared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Nope. Legally binding contracts always go through iterations of change after they’ve first been drafted. My company has a full legal department and even basic ones can take weeks to sign off.

IMO this is Fury trying to give AJ / Hearn unfavourable terms and pressuring them to sign off, with the threat that he can then pull out and blame AJ.

Fury isn’t a very nice man and has some extremely dubious “associates”. I lost the last of my respect for him on Saturday when he made the Parker bill all about himself. He’d smash AJ to bits in the ring though, so I suspect wants everything in his terms rather than dodging because he’s scared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hmmm

60/40 split for someone without a title are incredible terms....

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
They aren’t the only terms though. Venue, media, rematch etc. plus all that pesky small print

considering we know that the fight can be broadcast via both fighters outlets and the venue is Cardiff (cant see why anyone would object to that to be honest) I see what your saying.....

Have a nice evening AJ

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Should do a Benn / Eubank, retire now then arrange a fight for 30 years time

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
considering we know that the fight can be broadcast via both fighters outlets and the venue is Cardiff (cant see why anyone would object to that to be honest) I see what your saying.....

Have a nice evening AJ

What I'm saying is that each of these things will have a number of paragraphs and sub-clauses related to them, and the reason that solicitors are so well off is that they will insist on the removal or rewording of these (even changing a word to a synonym for it) if they don't think it benefits their customers. And so it back and forths through multiple drafts.

That 60 / 40. 60 / 40 of what (i.e. what constitutes the "pot"). When is it paid? Under what circumstances can the fight be cancelled. Is anything then payable (i.e. is there a termination clause)? Is there a rematch clause? If so how many? By when?

Any dependencies with mandatory challenges. If AJ wins what happens to Usyk / Fury?

Is Hearn in control of the media or Warren?

What time's the ringwalk?

Who controls the undercard?

If one or the other is unfit or gets Covid what happens?

And that's just off the top of my head. A huge amount of legal jargon for each point. Read that, agree to it and sign it in a day? Only if you're a massive mug, which Hearn isn't and AJ isn't either.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
What I'm saying is that each of these things will have a number of paragraphs and sub-clauses related to them, and the reason that solicitors are so well off is that they will insist on the removal or rewording of these (even changing a word to a synonym for it) if they don't think it benefits their customers. And so it back and forths through multiple drafts.

That 60 / 40. 60 / 40 of what (i.e. what constitutes the "pot"). When is it paid? Under what circumstances can the fight be cancelled. Is anything then payable (i.e. is there a termination clause)? Is there a rematch clause? If so how many? By when?

Any dependencies with mandatory challenges. If AJ wins what happens to Usyk / Fury?

Is Hearn in control of the media or Warren?

What time's the ringwalk?

Who controls the undercard?

If one or the other is unfit or gets Covid what happens?

And that's just off the top of my head. A huge amount of legal jargon for each point. Read that, agree to it and sign it in a day? Only if you're a massive mug, which Hearn isn't and AJ isn't either.

The other factor which gets overlooked somewhat is apparently ‘the fire stick factor’, they were planning to apparently give both fighters a generous cut of the £40 PPV, but how many people would that price put off and drive to illegal streams?

Without 1/1.5 million PPV’ing the full price can they finance a fight like this in the UK?

Tyson is a complex character, I fear that if he doesn’t channel himself into something worthwhile outside boxing, immediate family, ie wife and children rather than father and brothers, perhaps even helping highlight mental health issues, he will end up in a bad place by the time he reaches 40, sadly I fear the ultimate bad place, the one none of us can come back from.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011

AJ tarnished his legacy with his unsporting, petulent behaviour and total disrespect after getting well beaten by Usyk for the second time. I have watched all of AJ's professional fights until now. He won't be getting any more money out of me after that behaviour.

As for Fury...least said eh? If he wants to cement his legacy, he has to beat Usyk. Now there's a fight that has even less chance of happening.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
The other factor which gets overlooked somewhat is apparently ‘the fire stick factor’, they were planning to apparently give both fighters a generous cut of the £40 PPV, but how many people would that price put off and drive to illegal streams?

Without 1/1.5 million PPV’ing the full price can they finance a fight like this in the UK?

£40 is very steep. As a unification fight they might get it. For a few rounds of Tyson battering an on-his-way-out AJ? Not sure. I'd consider making a night out of it in a pub rather than getting it on my 4k if I knew £40 was my start off minimum spend. And I usually do the PPV.

Tyson is a complex character, I fear that if he doesn’t channel himself into something worthwhile outside boxing, immediate family, ie wife and children rather than father and brothers, perhaps even helping highlight mental health issues, he will end up in a bad place by the time he reaches 40, sadly I fear the ultimate bad place, the one none of us can come back from.

No one wants that. Definitely agree he needs to get involved in something else useful.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
what makes you say AJ wants the bout ......he's had ample opportunity.

AJ says he would fight anybody and having watched any number of his interviews, I believe him.
Actually, it’s his biggest problem - too game, too cavalier.
I hope he smashes Fury who is beyond tiresome with his attention seeking.
Anyone who thinks Fury walks through Joshua, doesn’t know their onions. It’ll be close.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
AJ says he would fight anybody and having watched any number of his interviews, I believe him.
Actually, it’s his biggest problem - too game, too cavalier.
I hope he smashes Fury who is beyond tiresome with his attention seeking.
Anyone who thinks Fury walks through Joshua, doesn’t know their onions. It’ll be close.

Fury out boxes AJ all day long , i think Wilder knocks Fury out , AJ v Joyce would be interesting and a good pay day for the latter and i also think he beats AJ ........perhaps Joshua just needs to WTFU in the ring and use his physique and ability.....the trouble is he hasn't got much of a chin , he fights like he's scared.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here