Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Furthest you've travelled for an Albion game?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
300 miles in 1971, then 300 miles back.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Eindhoven, although it was only further than Newcastle as went via Harwich, Rotterdam and Amsterdam as part of inter-railing, 1982.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Carlisle away twice (car first time then flew to Newcastle the second time)
The BBC flew me, Hawesy and Millard from Shoreham to Carlisle in 2001 in a plane Glenn Miller would have turned his nose up at.

I'd previously driven up there twice before, after that plane ride I would have willingly cycled the next time. thankfully there wasn't one (y)

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
As you said, us fans from outside of the UK have some distances.. A few years ago in the championship, I travelled from my home, just outside Frankfurt to the Swansea City stadium. Roughly 700 miles each way. My Amex pilgrimages are also around 500 miles each way...

kjgood

Used to drive from Hamlin (Hameln) in Germany regularly to the Goldstone and back for a game including the last one, night boat from Zeebruge or Ostend and occasionally Calais (Before the channel tunnel) on the Friday after work, back on the Sunday to get back in time for work Monday. Approx 986 miles round trip.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Portugal, pre-season tour

Mexican Seagull

Jan 16, 2013
Mexico City
Copenhagen to the Goldstone during the years living there, then Mexico City to Goldstone/Withdean/Amex/Wembley since 95.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Watford. And only then because I offered to lug the late great Giant Flag there and possibly back. 1-0 to the Albion, courtesy of an Adam Virgo THUNDERBOLT!

:goal:

I'm afraid a lifetime of using shambolic trains and buses to get to and from work left me with a transport-related form of PTSD. Bloody last thing I'd want to do with my weekend is submit to more of the same, sadly, Albion or no Albion

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Galway. Pre season 2000 for games against Athlone, Longford and Galway

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
The one that p1ssed me off the most was driving up for Blackburn only to hear well up the M6 that Ewood drainage was not up to the standard of Sheepcote Valley and all was abandoned whilst all other games went on merrily.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here