Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Furthest you've travelled for a gig

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
My other half and I, somewhat impulsively, have just bought tickets for a Postal Service and Death Cab For Cutie co-headline show in New York in September making it comfortably the furthest I'll have travelled for a show.

Anyone else done hefty mileage for one show?

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
Probably the most extreme was to see Subtle in San Francisco. We saw the show, went to a nightclub, then back to the airport and home.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Drove from Brighton to Haigh Hall in Wigan to see the Verve. We found out late/early it wasn't a camping type affair so camped on a green nearby to be woken by dog walkers.

🤣🤣

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
We travelled along way up and down the M25/M23for hours trying to find a rave one night. Even joined a cue of ravey looking cars at one point until we concluded that no-one knew where the f*** the thing was and went back to a mates flat.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I’ve seen Bob Dylan in Sydney and Tiesto in Taipei but I was living in those cities at the time.

Therefore Luton.
Much the same - not counting gigs in far flung places where I happened to be - the furthest I’ve specifically travelled is from Brighton to Milton Keynes!

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Lancing to Bramhall Lane to see Bruce.

Not the hugest distance, but it was straight on top of getting back from Greece, so that (almost) makes it international.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
27 miles there and back. I put him in the back of my work van…. Blimey he stunk.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Iggy Pop at Reykjavík (ATP).

I'm having a strong sense of deja vu about this. Please, nobody bring up Bell End Sebastian.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
When I was a student, hitched down the M1 from Leeds to see The Clash at The Harlesden Roxy (London) - only to find that the gig had been cancelled because drummer Topper Headon had broken his arm!

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
Blimey, that's commitment.
TBF at the time I worked for an airline and staff travel was ridiculously cheap, like £70.00 return with Upper Class upgrades. That night though was unreal, ended up at a club called The EndUp, took ecstasy knowing full well we had to be back at SFO in hours. Looking back, so reckless but enjoyable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here