Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] Furloughed Pay

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Email from a employer to employee, (not mine) as you're on a minimum wage contract you will be aware that the minimum wage was due to rise from April 4th, this will now be deferred until we all get back to work and you will of course be receiving 80% of your contract hourly rate when we get this all sorted for you and the rest of our employees.

If I'm understanding that correctly no minimum pay rise (fair enough) but that company has no idea when it will be paying any wages to staff.

Those on minimum wages must be in a category of risk of having to borrow money from the sharks if they have no idea when they're to be paid, bloody awful situation.

Minimum wage has been knocked on the head BUT one would presume that minimum wage is now 80% of £8.21 and that this will still go up in April.

Jan 30, 2008
And people are still backslapping Boris, Gollum et al for helping everyone out FFS.

If the current information about it possibly being 6 months before anything getting back to normal is correct then they will have to go down the universal income route instead of this half arsed rubbish.

If not then there WILL be social disorder rather than social distancing.....

I'm an optimist and I can't stand conspiracy theories. It's just looking at things logically, it's really quite grim on the wages/compensation front!

Let's not pay anyone anything then if that makes you happier :dunce:
Regards
DF

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Don't forget those of us who will get naff all because we started a new job at the start of march. Im tearing my hair out its so illogical and unfair, I've been constantly in employment for 20 years.

Hopefully my company will be OK but it's hard to see how if it lasts for six months.

Hi [MENTION=1320]Notters[/MENTION],

Did you see or listen to Martin Lewis on ITV or 5Live today. He said that Universal Credit really should be looked at by all those in your position, with savings of less than £16,000. Tax free payouts of well over £1,000 per month quite possible, depending on circumstances. Obviously the DWT have been overwhelmed with calls, but claims are backdated.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

Did you see or listen to Martin Lewis on ITV or 5Live today. He said that Universal Credit really should be looked at by all those in your position, with savings of less than £16,000. Tax free payouts of well over £1,000 per month quite possible, depending on circumstances. Obviously the DWT have been overwhelmed with calls, but claims are backdated.
This. 100% this.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

This. 100% this.

Still completely out of order though. We've got enough work for April and May at least so hopefully not an issue but could do without the stress.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Still completely out of order though. We've got enough work for April and May at least so hopefully not an issue but could do without the stress.
I think a lot of people might end up with nothing, I'm glad they're saying everything will be backdated though which means I dont have to sit on the phone for hours at present

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
#Bekind

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm trying.

As I've said a few times on here, my job at the moment is just trying to help people to survive financially.

I'm not getting paid for this. I might well be up shit creek myself soon.

I'm being nice to everyone I speak to, online, on the phone, shop assistants, neighbours.

Now is not the time to be a ****. I will call anyone out who is doing that as it's also an important part of being nice.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
I'm trying.

As I've said a few times on here, my job at the moment is just trying to help people to survive financially.

I'm not getting paid for this. I might well be up shit creek myself soon.

I'm being nice to everyone I speak to, online, on the phone, shop assistants, neighbours.

Now is not the time to be a ****. I will call anyone out who is doing that as it's also an important part of being nice.

I think the individual you called a moron was attempting to highlight these are unprecedented times, none of us have ever known a time like it, the Government are attempting to set up and implement, what is in theory a nationalisation of the entire UK workforce in the space of a month, it will take time, people, unfortunately will slip through the net, I’m really not sure what the Government are supposed to do?
#Bekind

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I think the individual you called a moron was attempting to highlight these are unprecedented times, none of us have ever known a time like it, the Government are attempting to set up and implement, what is in theory a nationalisation of the entire UK workforce in the space of a month, it will take time, people, unfortunately will slip through the net, I’m really not sure what the Government are supposed to do?
#Bekind

Are you having a laugh. It was ppf!

All he does is troll. Jesus wept.

I know I should have just ignored him but I'm working really hard on this stuff at the moment and his wind up rubbish is the last thing I need.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
#Bekind

Also. Read my post that he quoted and what he wrote.

It's complete nonsense.

I was advocating more money for people and a more simple way of doing it.

He implied that I wanted people to get nothing.

The opposite of what I'd written.

I've no issue with calling that moronic.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Baker lite;929860[B said:
7]I think the individual you called a moron was attempting to highlight these are unprecedented[/B] times, none of us have ever known a time like it, the Government are attempting to set up and implement, what is in theory a nationalisation of the entire UK workforce in the space of a month, it will take time, people, unfortunately will slip through the net, I’m really not sure what the Government are supposed to do?
#Bekind

LOL

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
My MP (himself a senior tory) has said told me he will raise it with government. Considering he generally ignored my letters about brexit this at least feels like he's listening.
Well, he hasn't got much else to do.

Joking aside, that's good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here