Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Funniest or strangest incident you have seen watching football.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I can't believe no-one mentioned the "Ultimate Off Side Trap" against Derby two seasons ago (maybe 3). When we played practically all 10 of their outfield players off side a few minutes before the end of the game.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Goldstone again pre 1979. Injured player on pitch with what looked like two broken legs, arms dislocated and nose out of place, you get the picture. Red cross come on to the pitch with the stretcher at which point the usual miracle from above, the guy gets up and walks. The red cross sulk back to the dug outs where they throw the stretcher on to the canopy in a huff. There must be 29999 others who recall this.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I can't believe no-one mentioned the "Ultimate Off Side Trap" against Derby two seasons ago (maybe 3). When we played practically all 10 of their outfield players off side a few minutes before the end of the game.

Most EXCELLENT shout. :clap2:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
What about Zamora's goal when he headed it out of the keepers hand(s)?

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Someone climbing the away stand at Roots hall clutching a flaming newspaper trying to set the roof on fire whilst being cheered on by the Albion fans beneath who, had he succeeded in his amateurish arson attempt, would have undoubtedly died in a flaming inferno.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Goldstone again pre 1979. Injured player on pitch with what looked like two broken legs, arms dislocated and nose out of place, you get the picture. Red cross come on to the pitch with the stretcher at which point the usual miracle from above, the guy gets up and walks. The red cross sulk back to the dug outs where they throw the stretcher on to the canopy in a huff. There must be 29999 others who recall this.

I remember this well - I was in the southwest terrace at the time and remember the clang as he slung it onto the dugout roof, followed by laughter and general derision at this little hissy fit.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
A Sunday morning park game many years ago,after a very heavy Saturday night one of our defenders felt the need to bring up the contents of his stomach behind the goal. It wasn't that unusual to be honest, but the cat that came along and started to eat the choicest lumps of half digested Lamb Rogan Josh was a bit of a suprise. When the afore mentioned feeding feline was pointed out to the owner of the vomit, his comment" Christ, I must have been pizzed last night, I don't remember eating a cat" brought the game to a halt as 22 players , the ref, two linesmen, and various substitutes fell about laughing.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Mark Lawrenson knocking over a copper in front of the South stand, and instead of helping him up, putting his helmet on and running back on the pitch

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here