Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Funniest infield incident when watching Albion

Jul 17, 2014
Christian Baz's penalty were the goalkeeper fell over during his run up and Baz just calmly passed it into the goal. Probably the worst goal I've ever seen scored, but still hilarious. :laugh:

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Colin Hawkins at Withdean Stadium v Stockport, almost immediately after coming on to replace the sent off Elphick (tactical switch) he proceeds to give way a penalty and get sent off. He pretty much ran onto the pitch, got sent off and carried on running in the same direction off!

Mexican Seagull

Jan 16, 2013
Mexico City
Another windy Goldstone memory the Savation Army band (I think) used to play at half time and on a particularly windy afternoon the poor guy playing the big round drum just getting blown all over the place.
i also a recall a squirrel on the pitch at Withdean

DavePage

Funny now...but not then. Sometime about 1950 first time my uncle took me to the Goldstone. He sent me down into the pit while he stayed at the top of the East Terrace. We met as arranged at the tea hut at halftime. I went back down for the second half, at the end he f****d off having completely forgotten I was with him. About an hour later he picked me up from the office under the stand. I was thrilled free crisps, pop and Mars bars courtesy of the club, bit disconcerting though seeing grown men walking around with no clothes on :ohmy:
and that was the board of directors

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I Don't know the year or who we were playing but remember Bill Cassidy, during an injury break, stuffing the ball under his shirt and the ref looking all over the place for the ball to re-start the game. Bill walks toward the ref as though he also had no idea and finallly the ref seeing what was blatantly obvious to the whole crowd.

I remember that too. Didn't he get booked for it ?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Can't remember who it was against but the left back who got either sent off or booked at Withdean for screaming "F**KING HELL LINO" just at one of those precise moments when the whole ground had gone momentarily silent (so any time between the 1st and 90th minute, obviously). The referee who was a few yards away couldn't have heard it any clearer if he'd shouted right in his ear and simply shrugged as the card came out.

Steve McMahon's sending off at the same venue was bloody funny too. The word PUCE could have been invented for the colour that he turned in his pure, vicious rage as he eventually stormed off towards the portakabins.

There's a good account of what went on here: http://www.footballforums.net/showthread.php/5092-Steve-McMahon-scum-of-the-earth!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Can't remember who it was against but the left back who got either sent off or booked at Withdean for screaming "F**KING HELL LINO" just at one of those precise moments when the whole ground had gone momentarily silent (so any time between the 1st and 90th minute, obviously). The referee who was a few yards away couldn't have heard it any clearer if he'd shouted right in his ear and simply shrugged as the card came out.

Ahem...

the Wycombe player who got sent for his four-letter tirade in a particularly quiet period of the game.

Beezer

Feb 27, 2013
I thought it was funny at the millwall game(apart from the result),when Danny shittu argued with the ref that he couldn't,t have handled the ball because it hit him here,pointing at his arm. Also as a kid I remember at the goldstone that before a game they had some archers,firing arrows at a target towards the north east corner.they Weren't,t that good,and some of the arrows missed and ended up in the empty terracing,but the crowd either side soon seperated even more.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Plymouth away - they scored an own-goal for us that was even better than Hinshelwood's 40 yard effort. Lobbed the keeper from bloody miles out - it might even have been from our half of the pitch. We went on to draw 3-3, but I think that might have been the first goal of the game?

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
andy petterson backtracking and falling on his arse at home to Gillingham leaving their player with an empty net

It really wasn't funny at the time, I seem to remember we had gone 3-0 down quite quickly, then somehow battled back to 3-2 and looking like we could get a draw - then that clown made an arse of himself and it was game over.

If anyone else was sitting in F Block South Stand during that game - I apologise for the incredibly foul mouthed abuse that I gave Petterson which I had never "bettered" either before or since...

And does anyone else remember Adams getting the 4th official to put no 4 up on its own on the board - with 10 mins left, because Crosby had made a couple of horrendous mistakes in a row and he wanted to take him off and go down to 10 men???

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Have a recollection possibly Mike Small did a similar thing at Ashton Gate, except he headed it out of the Bristol City keeper's hand?

You got there before me. I was going to mention that. September 1990.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here