Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fun facts on this season so far v last season

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I'm an idiot for not keeping this going, I for one found it interesting but I guess I lost interest when the wheels came loose. Now we're firmly back on track, so is this thread, but then it's not quite as interesting now that we've already surpassed our total from last season by 16 points with 12 still to go..

So yes, with tonight's 4-0 win over (dirty) Leeds, Albion are 16 points ahead of last season's points total on 63 points, which would've earned us a 10th placed finish last season. We've also now doubled the amount of home wins we managed in the whole of 2014/15 (6).

We've scored 5 more goals than we did in the whole of last season (44) and 11 more than we had at this stage last season (38). 9 fewer goals have been conceded than at this stage last time around.

At the rate we were going under Hyypia (0.86 points per game), it would've taken us 73 games to reach 63 points. Things aren't going much better for him at Zurich; three league wins from his 16 games at the helm have them one point above the solitary relegation spot in the Swiss League. Nice guy, great player, perhaps not the best manager. I digress...

At this point last season, we had just lost 1-0 away at Bolton to leave us on 37 points, 6 clear of the drop zone.

Last season's home record:

P 17 W 6 D 6 L 7 GD 0

This season's:

P 17 W 12 D 2 L 3 GD +12

Last season's away record:

P 17 W 3 D 7 L 7 GD -5

This season's:

P 17 W 5 D 10 L 2 GD +2

Eventual winners Bournemouth were still in 5th at this point last season with 60 points, five points off Derby in top spot. Middlesbrough were second on 63, followed by the other two sides that won promotion- Norwich and Watford- in third and fourth respectively on 62.

A couple of Tomer stats too after another great display tonight:

In his last five starts, Tomer Hemed has amassed 5 goals, just one less than our leading league goalscorer in the whole of last season (Teixeira). With 11 goals so far, he has now scored the same amount as our top two scorers from last season (Teixeira and Dunk) together, and one more than all seven of the strikers that featured last season (Baldock, Bent, Colunga, Best, O'Grady, Mackail-Smith, Fenelon) managed.

On top of that, Hemed is also our top assister this season with 6, just ahead of Kayal and Stephens on 5. All 3 have more than the man who got the most assists last season; (rather unbelievably) Adrian Colunga, who got 4.

tl;dr: we're doing a bit better this season than last season.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Checking in again with the Albion in third, two points off top with 6 games to go.

Tonight's win at Birmingham leaves the Albion on 75 points; 28 more than were garnered in the whole of the last campaign and a 66.6% improvement on our total at this point last season.

At this point last season, we were 30 points worse off down in 16th place. This season has seen seven more home wins, three more away wins and the exact same number of draws (15).

75 points was exactly the total that leaders Middlesbrough had at this stage last season, ahead of eventual champions Bournemouth on 74 and the two other promoted sides- Norwich and Watford- on 73.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here