Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fulham vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Sadly, there is an increasing element of entitlement, over expectation and plasticity on here.

The Fulham fan on nsc confidentally said they’d win today and they took us apart. Last week they outclassed Manure.

It’d be great to have that back, it’s been a while.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It is not that depleted when you also put half the available players on the bench. It is an absolutely bizarre team selection.
You can't complain about squad depletion when you have Gross, Buonanotte, Moder, Wellbeck and Andingra on the bench.
A lot of clubs would kill for a bench that strong and we are seriously complaining that we have a depleted squad!?
Not bizarre with Roma on Thursday imo.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Fati hasn’t performed consistently well at all, only looked good in small pockets. Injuries and him only being on loan haven’t helped at all either. I think we’ve persisted enough with him, time to give someone else a try.
True. I think Roberto will give him some minutes against Roma, but then we'll see.
It's a shame: Roberto invested effort to get him and has tried to boost and motivate him, the club invested money, but looks like we may as well give one of our U21 strikers some minutes instead.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
He has had awful support from his teammates in terms of passes or crosses.
He did miss a couple of chances but definitely improved 2nd half.
Certainly not questioning there’s a player there. I just think if it’s the pressure that he’s perhaps struggling with, it’s going to double next season if we keep him as we all thought he’d fire us to glory this year. Just think his stocks will still be high enough this summer for a sizeable payday. But I’m not sure they will be next summer if he doesn’t perform in 2024/25 season

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
It just highlight a fact we all pretty much know.

We have no real idea or plan to beat teams who play a low block, and that is a major achilles heel of De Zerbi ball.

Loads at the bottom of league will play it, counter attackers like Fulham, Wolves, Palace will play it, and while we do win some, we far too often struggle massively against such teams. Go a goal down and against the low block even more so.

I always fancy our chances more against a Spurs, Chelsea, Man U etc that will play than a Fulham or Everton who bus park

We need a solution or its just going to be more of the same hoping for a different outcome.
There is a big difference between parking the bus and playing effective counter attacking football against a high possession based team.
We are too dismissive of this style of play, because we don't play it.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Sadly, there is an increasing element of entitlement, over expectation and plasticity on here.
Does having an expectation that our seasoned players shouldn‘t make glaringly stupid mistakes make us ‘entitled’ or mean we should be satisfied with losing 0:3 to a team we would have beaten comfortably at the beginning of the season or even last season?

I can only speak for myself but I am sure I am not alone in saying that with the quality of players we have we should be doing better - they can play better. None of them, including Gross have been putting in consistently stellar performances recently - good but not stellar.

There’s nothing ‘plastic’ about wanting/hoping your players give 100% on the pitch if they are selected - that is an expectation that we as fans would share with the entire coaching team - it doesn’t make us ‘plastic’ to want to put up a good fight against Roma but a performance like this afternoon ( especially in the first half) leaves many fans I think with a feeling of deep despondency that our European run will end with Roma - that the season will fizzle out on a slow burn.

We are the shadow of the team that beat Man U and Newcastle back in September. It’s not ‘entitled’ during the course of a season to want your team to improve not get worse - I mean that’s generally what happens when you have bedded in new players after a summer transfer window.

It is primarily about injuries which have had a shocking impact and been a nightmare for RDZ but maybe beating some top 6 Clubs and success in the Europa groups earlier in the season has meant our players have lost a little humility too.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
It just highlight a fact we all pretty much know.

We have no real idea or plan to beat teams who play a low block, and that is a major achilles heel of De Zerbi ball.

Loads at the bottom of league will play it, counter attackers like Fulham, Wolves, Palace will play it, and while we do win some, we far too often struggle massively against such teams. Go a goal down and against the low block even more so.

I always fancy our chances more against a Spurs, Chelsea, Man U etc that will play than a Fulham or Everton who bus park

We need a solution or its just going to be more of the same hoping for a different outcome.
I'd guess 2/3 or more of the league play that way against us, even when at home.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Who was it who put all their eggs in the european basket? Was it Burnley who found that their prem form plummeted. ( or was it Leicester).

I would take 12th now

let’s hope we don’t get thumped in Rome and try to bring them back here for a competitive game we can win

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
dangerous game De Zerbi is playing. All eggs clearly in the European basket. If we lose go out against Roma will we then be talking about it RDZ is the right man for us anyway?
FA Cup was a real chance but we blew that...same as last season. Poor defeats this season and last in the Carabao. Roma tie could be all over out there and teams are beginning to mount their 7th place challenge.
The managers touchline petulance is really beginning to hack me off. Won't be long before he is banned again. Same mantra all the time..." we were the better side...we deserved to win..etc etc " Tippy tappy sideways football at slow tempo too often and picked off on the break with too many committed upfield is becoming a familiar feature. Question marks over the depth of I juries and RDZ'S training ground regime.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here