[Albion] Fulham vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Hmmm ... another March masterclass... in how to lose the ball, get outpaced, and missing chances.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Credit to Fulham, doing well. Looking better for us in the last 15 but not creating much. Could see a half-time sub I think, Mwepu out.. anyone in, pretty much.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Well that half brought me back down to Earth.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
No injury time says it all really... ended the half on top but don't look like creating much - very tight pitch not helping but definitely missing Welbeck up top

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Although the pitch is so narrow Fulham play even narrower. Half time I'd take off Mwepu straight away. Bring on Wellbeck or Undav and move Trossard to overlap with Estepinian on the left. Veltman and March to initially overlap on right but at about 60 bring on Lamptey for March or Veltman.

Get to the goal line and cut back ala Man city is probably the best way to score against Fulham.

REMEMBER - I'm only good as a manager on FM and this is real life ;)

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
I’ll be amazed if Mwepu comes out for the second half. He unfortunately has been absolute pony

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Poor Solly. He must be feeling a bit of pressure now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Hmmm ... another March masterclass... in how to lose the ball, get outpaced, and missing chances.

He was also the only Brighton player on the pitch to make a clever enough run to have any sort of chance in the first half.

Very easy for the rest of the blokes not to miss goal chances as they haven't created any.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Despite not hitting the heights it feels like we're slowly getting on top.

Agreed. First 20 minutes we seemed unable to keep possession but got much better.
Solly should have scored though.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
It's a little bit tactical at the moment. A bit more nous required by everyone, ball is not sticking to feet, in fact, feet are not sticking to the pitch! Longer studs might be needed, then we can try and hold the ball up a bit more

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Well that was all a bit poo.
Not at the races at all, came back into the game towards the end of the half but we've not turned up yet.
Everyone dawdling way too much and getting caught in possession way too often. We need to wake up and come out fighting.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Dunk and Webster have not been brilliant... but they are doing a job, just.

Mwepu is getting into decent positions but he looks like he is trying to rush things.

Trossard and Gross are being crowded out a bit, but still look potential game changers.

Pervis is settling in, but I like his crispness.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Very sloppy, the huge number of slips, receiving the ball off-balance, heavy touches - all points to tiredness. Pervis, Caicedo, Mwepu and Webster in particular. Still level though despite our worst half of the season so far.

Really poor match objectively, Fulham pressed well for the first 35 minutes but they dropped off for the final 10. We didn’t offer anything really despite the extra space.

Really missing a centre forward - specifically we’ve really missed Welbeck that half.

Still all to play for!

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Need a forward on and move Trossard down the left.

Personally I’d put on Undav for Mwepu at half time and bring in Welbeck later if needed.

We need some German precision

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports