Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fulham Vs Brighton & Hove Albion ***Official Match Thread***

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Man of the match last week and dumped on the bench mmmm....He'll be off next week I'm sure as you can't turn down that sort of money for a defender.
Really piss poor bench though

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
There's obviously more too this
Oh without doubt. It might be that a deal is close to being done, and we don't want him injured. It might be that the speculation is making it difficult for him to fully concentrate.

If he's got an offer from the PL and he goes, good luck to him. If the club want to cash in, because we can do better by spending the money elsewhere, then fair enough. I'd only be really disappointed if he'd refused to play, that would be an insult.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Zamora and Crofts aren't fit yet, Murphy just signed, and more to bring it, so of course the bench isn't full strength yet.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If Dunk is on the bench, it means he could come on. Hughton wouldn't have given up that tactical possibility. So either he's had a payrise, or isn't sulking.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Zamora and Crofts aren't fit yet, Murphy just signed, and more to bring it, so of course the bench isn't full strength yet.
I'll be surprised if Zamora plays more than 15 games to be fair...Its 3 games gone already after today and he's still not match fit.Must have been eating to many pies over the summer and he's getting paid a large wad no doubt.He must have been reasonably fit as he's an athlete mmmmm.

portlander

Jul 16, 2003
Portland, Maine, USA
Don't think he's been dumped on the bench. Placed there after very carefully after lots of deliberation. Still can't understand why he would want to go to Fulham if that's where he ends up.
Man of the match last week and dumped on the bench mmmm....He'll be off next week I'm sure as you can't turn down that sort of money for a defender.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
If Dunk is on the bench, it means he could come on. Hughton wouldn't have given up that tactical possibility. So either he's had a payrise, or isn't sulking.
He should of started fact and will be shocked if he actually comes on as that would be rather strange and hard to work out.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
He should of started fact and will be shocked if he actually comes on as that would be rather strange and hard to work out.

No, he shouldn't have started against the club he (seemingly) wants to move to... It's the correct decision to bench him/not play him if he wants to go.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Don't think he's been dumped on the bench. Placed there after very carefully after lots of deliberation. Still can't understand why he would want to go to Fulham if that's where he ends up.
Well he shouldn't even be on the bench if he isn't starting....very weird indeed.
He'll go to Fulham because they'll more than double his wages :)

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
No, he shouldn't have started against the club he (seemingly) wants to move to... It's the correct decision to bench him/not play him if he wants to go.
If he's not going then he starts...If he's possibly on the move then he should be left out full stop.
He's only on the bench to make up the numbers obviously and he will not come on I'm sure

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'll be surprised if Zamora plays more than 15 games to be fair...Its 3 games gone already after today and he's still not match fit.Must have been eating to many pies over the summer and he's getting paid a large wad no doubt.He must have been reasonably fit as he's an athlete mmmmm.
Although I didn't expect him to be match fit when he joined, I would have hoped he'd been working with a personal trainer over summer. He obviously had further to go, but that's fine, Chris knew what condition he was in, and Chris knows better than anyone how many games he's likely to play, and Chris would have made the wage offer based on that, so I'm sure he won't be getting too much.

At the moment, he should be our 3rd choice striker. Playing 442, I'd think a 3rd choice striker should get a fair number of games. If we can bring in another, and make him 4th choice, I'm not going to complain.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
As one of our best players Dunk should be starting every game he's fit to start. Ergo something is up. I'd have expected him to have not been in the squad all together should he genuinely be on the way out so having him named as a sub is a little odd.

Doesn't look good in terms of our chances of hanging on to him. Unless it's a purely political move to wind Fulham up before we don't sell him to them.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Why have we gone for 3 defenders on the bench again, FFS. Put one of the youngsters on there. Tilley maybe. Makes no sense whatsoever.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'll go to Fulham, clean the bogs and give up supporting the Albion if they give me £15k a week.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
I'm sure this has been done many times before but I am abroad on holiday. I am under the impression I can't get commentary on the radio on line is that right ? I could subscribe to player but my connection is unstable so may be pointless . Is there another way to listen to it or is it refresh the match day thread?

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
What is up with Colunga?? If he's gone has he taken the boat to Spain? Would have been a good option on that defense heavy bench

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
As one of our best players Dunk should be starting every game he's fit to start. Ergo something is up. I'd have expected him to have not been in the squad all together should he genuinely be on the way out so having him named as a sub is a little odd.

Doesn't look good in terms of our chances of hanging on to him. Unless it's a purely political move to wind Fulham up before we don't sell him to them.

could be this
or
maybe dunk is not in the right frame and by benching him its saying to Fulham "he is ours hands off"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here