Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fulham (A) tickets

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Not disputing this, but...source please? I see nothing on my version of the club ticketing page...
On the app!

Screenshot_20240131-133836~2.png

Nice to see the Saturday cup loyalty points have arrived very quickly, so this means my lad has made Tier 1 for the first time

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
None whatsoever but didn't the Fan Advisory Board think this would be a good idea so we are stuck with it.
And where did the FAB gauge the support for the queuing system. As was pointed out last time, where is the logic to have a queuing system for Day 1 release where everyone is guaranteed a ticket.

Are the FAB actually representing the views of all supporters of just looking to implement things to justify their existence.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
None whatsoever but didn't the Fan Advisory Board think this would be a good idea so we are stuck with it.
Not quite, no.

The club made changes to the ticketing process in response to basket-baggers, those typically in Tier 1 who stuck tickets in their basket immediately before Tier 2 opened and then allocated them to their Tier 2 mates when the window did open.

It seems that in order to facilitate that, they had to enable the queueing system, and it's either "on" or "off" for all ticket sales windows. Annoying for those in Tier 1 who are accustomed to a quick in-and-out at 9am, but if it helps to preserve the integrity of the sales process, it feels like a small price to pay.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
And where did the FAB gauge the support for the queuing system. As was pointed out last time, where is the logic to have a queuing system for Day 1 release where everyone is guaranteed a ticket.

Are the FAB actually representing the views of all supporters of just looking to implement things to justify their existence.
They didn't.

Please read my post above.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
They didn't.

Please read my post above.
Thanks, I now understand better, but as you say for tier 1 rather than finished by 9.01 you have to sit and wait.

Can't say I like the new layout of the ticket system, as right at the end it gives the impression that the total cost is £32 rather than £31, thankfully the confirmation email is clearer.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not quite, no.

The club made changes to the ticketing process in response to basket-baggers, those typically in Tier 1 who stuck tickets in their basket immediately before Tier 2 opened and then allocated them to their Tier 2 mates when the window did open.

It seems that in order to facilitate that, they had to enable the queueing system, and it's either "on" or "off" for all ticket sales windows. Annoying for those in Tier 1 who are accustomed to a quick in-and-out at 9am, but if it helps to preserve the integrity of the sales process, it feels like a small price to pay.
Makes sense - hardly a big deal is it.......

The missing availability numbers is properly rubbish though.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Not quite, no.

Exactly this.

It seems like our ticketing system, like many digital systems today is essentially a package where we can control some of the configuration but not the source code, which is common. The obvious thing to do to stop basket-baggers would have been to write a small automated scheduled job that 'flushed' baskets empty 15 mins before the start of a new window and then brought the site back up at the correct time. As we don't seem to have this in our control the sledgehammer option of queue on has been configured by the club.

As someone who's complained about basket bagging I can hardly moan at the system coming in, and the FAB have nothing to do with it.

Was in at 9.01 this morning with only about 200 people in front of me and the pick of the seats. Technically as T1 I could have done it at my leisure, but with work meetings later and an errand to run it suited me to do it at the start.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The loss of the numbers of tickets available in each block is crap

View attachment 174371

... especially when it gets down to a scramble for the few available in a new tier.

Definitely not an improvement.
...but this does feel like something the FAB could enquire about (as could I, frankly, but it feels like I'm stepping on toes).

The ticketing system is off-the-shelf, so I'm not sure how much customisation the club have available to them at that level. I've not asked, but it looks like a platform update was rolled out, and this is one unfortunate consequence of the changes made. You'd guess that someone somewhere at the software company didn't quite appreciate how useful that data item is for those buying tickets.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The loss of the numbers of tickets available in each block is crap

View attachment 174371

... especially when it gets down to a scramble for the few available in a new tier.

Definitely not an improvement.
This on the other hand (I suspect again a common change across all clubs that use the system) is shit, and the club should complain to the software provider.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Any logic for the queueage system in place today?

This is what the club said - as reported via the FAB - after the queues were introduced following feedback about fans hoarding tickets in baskets.

"We have been looking at a better solution and from Tuesday’s on sale onwards we will be operating a queueing system before each on sale. This will effectively mean every fan holding seats will be removed from the tickets site, they must then enter a queue and only allowed to enter the site once the on sale opens. The change will be that 30 minutes before an on sale window the sales for games will effectively close whilst everyone is removed from the site and then have to queue to get in for the next on sale window.

We have to schedule these with a third party so it’s not entirely within our control but we think it’s the fairest and best route moving forwards."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here