Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ftse 100

Sajerz

Feb 6, 2008
Leamington
Whos got shares and now won't be selling them? :laugh:

I've got around 50 go-ahead shares that in the summer were worth around £30 each and now there worth a mere £15. :shootself

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Are go-ahead the people who run Brighton Buses?

Yes, according to their website they own B&H bus company. also says they own Southern trains (i.e. the nice new ones not the Thameslink abominations) tho I'm not sure the government haven't taken back control of that franchise now.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yes, according to their website they own B&H bus company. also says they own Southern trains (i.e. the nice new ones not the Thameslink abominations) tho I'm not sure the government haven't taken back control of that franchise now.

Go Ahead own Southern Railway (not handed back), Soth Eastern Trains and newly formed London Midland.

Southern Railway franchise willl also envelope in Gatwick Express this June and the whole of this franchise is due for renewal in 2009.

It will be a travesty of justice if Go Ahead lose this franchise given all the effort they have made to turn it into a very good train operator.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Go Ahead own Southern Railway (not handed back), Soth Eastern Trains and newly formed London Midland.

Southern Railway franchise willl also envelope in Gatwick Express this June and the whole of this franchise is due for renewal in 2009.

It will be a travesty of justice if Go Ahead lose this franchise given all the effort they have made to turn it into a very good train operator.

I don't think they will lose SR...

I mean, the inner London ones might be taken over by TFL but to be honest, that is needed. The stations need more staffing/security and I doubt a private company would want to do that. But that aside, I doubt they will lose the franchise.

The nice new trains are not, of course, OWNED by Southern (or the Go-Ahead group).

The train operator only leases them. Even if the franchise changes hands, the trains will remain.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
The nice new trains are not, of course, OWNED by Southern (or the Go-Ahead group).

The train operator only leases them. Even if the franchise changes hands, the trains will remain.

Very true, Go-Ahead used to run the Thameslink route, so they too ran the dodgy old 319's...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
They've already started to rise again though just very very slowly.

Ya think? Markets his a 52 week low yesterday so no rising going on there.

And today the FTSE100 put on 3.5%. 3.5% in a day is not 'very very slow', 'very slow' or even slow.

When the baby is getting thrown out with the bathwater, it's time to get stuck in. Only a man with a crystal ball (and top financial guru Beach Hut, obviously) knows if that point is with us yet though.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Oh dear another pathetic little dig from those that post rules saying don't.

Still something we all expect given previous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here