Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Front Three

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I don't think Maupay or Trossard could have any complaints if dropped.

If Connolly is fit i'd start him. Less because of what he did to Spurs last year, but more because he scored and impressed in his last game before injury and the outlet he provides.

I'd also move Lallana forward into the front 3. We need him where he can do some damage

---------------Sanchez
---------White Dunk Webster
Veltman Gross Bissouma March
----------Lallana MacAllister
----------------Connolly

Trossard and Maupay to wait their turn

Charity Shield 1910

Jan 4, 2021
Potter is right, they were very good apart from the fact that none of them can hit a cows backside with a banjo which is a bit of a problem for a striker. All fur coat and no knickers all season. I think it's the way Potter tells 'em, he's a comedy genius.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
In our 14 League games since 1 November, we've scored 12 goals, of which 3 have been scored by Maupay, 2 each by Dunk, GroB and Wellbeck. The other 3 came from Connolly, March and Lamptey.

In effect (while all goals count, obviously) only 6 of our goals in the last 14 League games have come from our designated forwards.

Whether the problem lies with our strikers themselves, or with the way they are being trained or managed, I can't decide. Whatever it is, something seems to be seriously wrong - although our lack of clinical finishing and potency in front of goal has been a problem for the last 3-4 seasons (we over-relied on Glen Murray's "poacher's instinct" for too long) - and I can't see how it is going to be fixed in time to avoid relegation, especially as a couple of teams below us seem to be recovering.

There seems to be too much casual complacency - by Potter himself and many NSC posters - that "things will click into place soon", "We'll start converting draws into wins, and climb the table to safety....", "Don't worry, WBA, Fulham, Sheffield United are worse than us, and Newcastle and Palace are in free-fall too, so we'll be OK come May." Oh, and "We're too good to go down"!

Problem is, this over-optimism has been spun out since the start of the season: "Early days yet.....", "Give it time.....", "Our new players are still settling in", "Stop being so impatient....", "Our luck/form will improve after Christmas....", etc.

Meanwhile, those of us who expressed doubts about such optimism, and suggested that neither Potter nor the 'strikers' were good enough for the Premier League, were accused of being 'Bed-wetters' or "Palace trolls". Indeed, we still are.

You just don’t get it do you. It’s not the end of the world if we go down as we are building for a long term future not the here and now. You may not realise it yet but in time you will.
Potter is our future

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
I like the front three we played against Fulham, they create chances. Hopefully we’ll take one or two against Spurs. Would be happy if Connolly comes on second half. UTA. Potterball. Tony Bloom’s Blue and White army!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
You just don’t get it do you. It’s not the end of the world if we go down as we are building for a long term future not the here and now. You may not realise it yet but in time you will.
Potter is our future

There’s been far bigger teams than ourselves who have gone down and never recovered, there’s absolutely nothing to say that we would come straight back. Call me wild, but surely it’s better to build on a squad that already has a wealth of talent and is actually in the Premier League rather than being relegated, losing a mountain of funding and hitting reset on the squad?

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
There’s been far bigger teams than ourselves who have gone down and never recovered, there’s absolutely nothing to say that we would come straight back. Call me wild, but surely it’s better to build on a squad that already has a wealth of talent and is actually in the Premier League rather than being relegated, losing a mountain of funding and hitting reset on the squad?

Yes thats true but we are building on the squad we have as we have youngsters that will only get better. Of course we don't want to go down but I don’t think that a different coach will be able to get more out of the squad than the current manager.

The football we are starting to play on a more regular basis is worlds apart from what was served up previously in the prem and will only get better as players develop.

Potter is not flawless by any means but his way of playing is the way that top teams play and its only a matter of time before we have developed the players that can play that style of football.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Nobody is denying we are missing too many goal scoring opportunities (our Xg is currently +7, second worst in the league) but the fact remains we are creating quite a few chances, only 7 clubs have a higher Xg than us, and we have actually scored more goals than the other 6 teams in the bottom 7. Which makes me think, the front 3 are actually doing ok, hopefully Connolly will come on tomorrow too and make an impact.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Nobody is denying we are missing too many goal scoring opportunities (our Xg is currently +7, second worst in the league) but the fact remains we are creating quite a few chances, only 7 clubs have a higher Xg than us, and we have actually scored more goals than the other 6 teams in the bottom 7. Which makes me think, the front 3 are actually doing ok, hopefully Connolly will come on tomorrow too and make an impact.

Connolly has scored more goals against Spurs than any other Premier League club. Hope he gets some minutes against them.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I missed nothing. Propper was brought on after 83 minutes for our best player in a tactical masterstroke to virtually guarantee a late winner. Fortunately, Dunk cleared it off the line.

Whoosh!

You didn't see the wink either ...................................

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Aarons dad has been on the phone. Gave GP a roasting, I think we may see him in action today.

90E4211B-BC75-44B7-B852-6DB85C8981F5.jpeg

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
just take deep breaths and hide under your blanky till tuesday

I would rather put people straight on here thank you RogerSix

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
That sort of thing is what substitutions are for - just hope Potter uses them, unlike the dismal substitutions against Fulham.

Spot on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here