From the older poster to the younger! (advice)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Get as deeply in nature as you can as often as you can. Go camping at least once a year. Don't own more that you can carry. Don't drive - you will be a healthier, more patient person as a result. Make your own rules in life, don't follow others (I'm only 43 and I'm posting in this thread - pretty wild huh)

Our readers will never get on the property ladder with an attitude like that. :)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
In no particular order
1. Choose/seek a career path or employment that gives you satisfaction. You'll be working a long time so you may as well enjoy it. Getting up every day hating what you do and being unable to 'escape' it is a miserable existence.
2. Don't settle down too early with a partner. Seek adventure, travel and enjoy a period of being free of too much responsibility whilst young. It will benefit you long term.
3. In any given situation treat people how you would expect to be treated yourself. If you do, you won't often get it wrong.
Definitely this!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Why are you spending so much time on NSC?

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
As my old Dad used to say (and he was a bit eccentric) : Never travel north of the Downs between October and May; never trust small men, the Welsh or cripples ( don't ask - I never really got to the bottom of that one) and finally, just showing narrowness of his horizons, Northern women all look like men! No doubt some do, but my wife's a Northerner and certainly doesn't! These are just some of the words of wisdom with which I grew up, along with "Black people don't swim" (yes they do) and "Pigs can't swim" (actually, they can). I found that by largely ignoring this sort of stuff I didn't turn out too bad! So, youngsters, don't take too much notice of your "elders and betters", but instead have the wisdom to realise that we older folk just muddled through and made it up as we went along. We're no wiser than you......

As my old Dad used to say (and he was a bit eccentric) : Never travel north of the Downs between October and May; never trust small men, the Welsh or cripples ( don't ask - I never really got to the bottom of that one) and finally, just showing narrowness of his horizons, Northern women all look like men! No doubt some do, but my wife's a Northerner and certainly doesn't! These are just some of the words of wisdom with which I grew up, along with "Black people don't swim" (yes they do) and "Pigs can't swim" (actually, they can). I found that by largely ignoring this sort of stuff I didn't turn out too bad! So, youngsters, don't take too much notice of your "elders and betters", but instead have the wisdom to realise that we older folk just muddled through and made it up as we went along. We're no wiser than you......

Your sons name is not ben is it????

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Go for it unless you can see round corners.

I don't remember writing this last night and it makes no sense........ So....... Find out the strength of Czech beer when drinking all night in Prague brewpubs would be my advice to youngsters.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Can't believe none of us have said don't always (or ever) believe what you read, be that internet, newspapers or letters from officialdom.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I only have one tip for you youngsters , do not bother trying to chat up lesbians , the ones you see on the telly and from the you wan dvd guy are not like the ones in real life .

cor blimey how i wish somebody had told me this when i was a youngster .

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
In no particular order
1. Choose/seek a career path or employment that gives you satisfaction. You'll be working a long time so you may as well enjoy it. Getting up every day hating what you do and being unable to 'escape' it is a miserable existence.
2. Don't settle down too early with a partner. Seek adventure, travel and enjoy a period of being free of too much responsibility whilst young. It will benefit you long term.
3. In any given situation treat people how you would expect to be treated yourself. If you do, you won't often get it wrong.

Very good advice.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
My kids tend to believe all they read on the internet, even though I tell them that 98% of stuff on the internet is bullcrap.
They don't research, just blindly believe, laziest and easiest option.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Don't worry

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports