Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

From Bollywood to Blackburn

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Championship - Bollywood star in line for coaching job at Blackburn - Yahoo! Eurosport UK

The farce at Ewood Park shows little signs of stopping amid reports that Blackburn’s training today has been handled by Judan Ali.

If the name does not sound familiar, that is understandable – Ali’s footballing CV is sketchy at best - but there are reports that he is set for a permanent role at Rovers and could even become the club's next manager.
The stand-out detail is perhaps that he played a role in a Bollywood film in 2007 entitled Dhan Dhana Dhan Goal, the story of a football team of south Asian players in London. Box Office India described the movie as ‘below average’.
On the footballing side, there is considerably less to support Ali taking a coaching role. The 39-year-old Londoner was once on the books as a youngster at Arsenal, but was released before being contracted. Requests for trials at other clubs, the Independent reports, were fruitless.
He picked an Under-15 India team for a summer festival at Arsenal, a tournament which the team won, but just three years ago he was still working for a team by the name of Accrington Stanley Bowles, a ‘QPR internet supporters’ club’ plying their trade in the fifth tier of the London Sunday Sportsman’s League.
In a 2011 interview with the Daily Mirror he was reported as working through his FA coaching badges, and harbouring dreams of breaking new ground in management.
“I’m now taking my badges, thanks to the help of the FA," he said, "and my goal is to become the first British Asian Premier League manager."
Kevin MacDonald, a former coach at Aston Villa who had a brief stint as caretaker manager, is the favourite to land the Rovers job after Henning Berg was sacked after just 10 games in charge of the Championship club.
But Ali has been offered a place in the coaching set-up even before the manager is appointed, and is expected to be involved in team selection for the weekend’s trip to Barnsley.
Fans have backed the removal of Berg, but sounded caution over the next appointment.
“To be honest I’m surprised they’ve made such a swift decision, but it is the correct one,” said Wayne Wild, co-chairman of supporters’ group Rovers Trust, who said he would like to see Hughes return.
“His appointment itself was just another strange decision. They [Venky’s] purposely went after an ex-player. It was all about trying to win over the fans when really it was just another cheap option.
“When you think we’ve hit rock-bottom we manage to dig a little further. This club has become a national joke.”

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Judan Ali and Shebby Singh were seen tracksuited up at the ground and apparently giving out orders at training: Lamb Dhansak for Jordan Rhodes, Vindaloo for Paul Robinson and a Korma for Nuno Gomes.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
League 1 for them.

Joke owners, making the club a laughing stock. Only hope they don't bankrupt the club when they go.

Hope Gus is chatting to Jordan Rhodes' agent at this very minute.

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
This is funnier than when Sir Clive Woodward came to saints... f***ing 'ell!! At least Clive had some good influences on the fitness side of things implementing top draw sports science techniques that he gathered through his experience at the top of Rugby. This guy... I can't see him bringing anything to the table!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
With the Bollywood boy now involved Rovers will have a cracking away strip next season, I reckon bright orange with a red cumberbund...

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
That's it. The whole ridiculous saga for the last couple of years at Blackburn has been Venkys attempt to create a Bollywood movie. It makes sense at last.

My thoughts exactly, they have built their own plotline all they have to do is write the songs (or Bollywood up Blackburn terrace chants!) & do the dances!

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
This is funnier than when Sir Clive Woodward came to saints... f***ing 'ell!! At least Clive had some good influences on the fitness side of things implementing top draw sports science techniques that he gathered through his experience at the top of Rugby. This guy... I can't see him bringing anything to the table!

Big and dramatic goal celebrations from Bollywood dancing ?

Come to think of it actually, this is Blackburn - they wont be celebrating much.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Judan Ali and Shebby Singh were seen tracksuited up at the ground and apparently giving out orders at training: Lamb Dhansak for Jordan Rhodes, Vindaloo for Paul Robinson and a Korma for Nuno Gomes.

One way to curry favour, I suppose

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
What a f***ing farce! Seriously, these stupid foreign owners need to stop using clubs as a hobby, without seeking racist, they always seem from middle eastern countries!

Last time I checked India wasn't in the Middle East. There have been a few dodgy American owners too. Plus Shinawatra at Man City and Yeung at Birmingham.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton

Being a keen rugby fan, and knowing Woodward's talents, I would imagine he could play a number of major roles in a football club.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Play-acting?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here