Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

From BBC website

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
We have so many players who can't walk onto the pitch without getting injured. Must be the grass.

Actually when the pitch was first laid, below the layers of grass there was a hard layer of something, which caused injuries to players who fell down hard, not sure if it's been replaced or relaid yet though.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

3 for orlandi, 8 for Buckley (including the 136mins game v Newport county)

I didn't realise it was a few as that! A good reason to let Buckley to for a couple of million in the summer then.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Imagine a team with Orlandi, Buckley, CMS and Hoskins all starting .....

Stretchers at the ready !

All subbed by half time ( harsh on CMS who had a pretty good record before he had the bad injury)

Craig4004

Aug 30, 2011
Peacehaven
The BBC knows nothing about injuries etc. A lot of the players are assesed on the day of the match, therefore the information they have is unreliable. A prime example of this was when Rohan Ince was on the brink of a comeback after his injury, the BBC website had him down as being unavailable, he played 90 mins that day!

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
Actually when the pitch was first laid, below the layers of grass there was a hard layer of something, which caused injuries to players who fell down hard, not sure if it's been replaced or relaid yet though.

I thought the pitch was designed to reduce impact injuries?

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Oh dear, same old, same old, how dare you raise a criticism of anything to do with our club.

Criticism is fine but it is hollow if it's not based on all the facts.

You know who is injured, and what the injury is, but you are clueless about the treatment that goes on behind the scenes, and that makes your criticism completely worthless. Exactly what qualifies you to make judgements on medical matters in general and Albion' injures in particular?

Plenty of clubs have a string of injuries at this time of year, and the history of football is riddled with players who were injury-prone and were difficult to keep fit.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Criticism is fine but it is hollow if it's not based on all the facts.

You know who is injured, and what the injury is, but you are clueless about the treatment that goes on behind the scenes, and that makes your criticism completely worthless. Exactly what qualifies you to make judgements on medical matters in general and Albion' injures in particular?

That would rather negate the point of having a forum with football discussion don't you think?

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
That would rather negate the point of having a forum with football discussion don't you think?

No I don't!

So the point of a forum is to criticise even though you have no idea if that criticism is justified or not? Why would you want to do that?

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I'm not joining in with your attempt to start an angry exchange.

I'm going to the game. Have a nice day.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Actually I didn't criticise but more like questioned IMO.

I was going to get into a discussion with you but frankly on a day like today after a much improved home performance I would rather stay away from anything negative and remain positive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here