Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Friendly v Norwich

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
We were ok. Neither side was great. Seems we are adapting to the new 4-5-1. Gross looks good in it. Think it will work well with March left and knockaert right offering attacking threat. Murray seems isolated to much though. He's great at hold up play but when 1 up top you have to either support quick or be very accurate with the balls into him to give him half a chance. He's not a player who is going to get in behind a lot which is a problem allows teams to play 10 yards higher. The number 9 we bring in I think will need pace and power and be willing to get in behind the defenders. Brown clearly has pace and is fairly strong not sure whether he is an option otherwise.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Friendlies mean nothing. We seem to have made some decent purchases but I am really concerned that we are unable to find Baldock cover/replacement. Three years and counting, not acceptable that we still don't seem able to get the right player in now. Fingers crossed we can do this by the time the window closes. Long long season ahead if we don't.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
That's funny, the Sky report I heard said it took a wicked deflection giving Stockdale no chance. Still keep blaiming him !
Probably after he watched the replay as he originally said it looked like he would stop it and it squirmed through. Like I give a toss anyway.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
What was the final score, I couldn't tell from the Tv coverage?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Sunderland 0-5 Celtic.

:lolol:

Charlton 6-1 Ipswich is surprising, I don't think Big Mick will survive this season. Too much negativity around Ipswich, they're a club going absolutely nowhere.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I realised which is why I tried to be humorous about Norwich's lack of shooting on target.

Ah, I see. I think he looks good. Not seen him have to make any reactionary saves yet but we have definitely found a keeper as good with his feet/distribution as Stockdale.

I counted one heavy pass into touch, the rest found their man/spaces.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Zeb I do wonder if you'd be happier 'supporting' another team

Quite happy with the Albion, thanks. Just want to see some significant investment in our team before the season starts. At least let's make a good fist of trying to stay up. I know that signing expensive players doesn't necessarily guarantee success on the pitch but I'm certain it would give you a better chance of survival. I really don't want to see us hammered every week because we've failed to improve our squad sufficiently.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Sunderland 0-5 Celtic.

Charlton 6-1 Ipswich is surprising, I don't think Big Mick will survive this season. Too much negativity around Ipswich, they're a club going absolutely nowhere.

I know it's a friendly but the amount of opprobrium shown to Scottish football is bad form. :lol:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Quite happy with the Albion, thanks. Just want to see some significant investment in our team before the season starts. At least let's make a good fist of trying to stay up. I know that signing expensive players doesn't necessarily guarantee success on the pitch but I'm certain it would give you a better chance of survival. I really don't want to see us hammered every week because we've failed to improve our squad sufficiently.

I think most would agree with that last sentence Zeb

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I think most would agree with that last sentence Zeb

Think most non blinkered fans will also agree with the rest of his post. We need some proper quality signed. Our front line gives me nightmares. Simply not good enough. We are not to far away from having a decent squad for this league but it's a fine line. Currently we wouldn't stay up.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Think most non blinkered fans will also agree with the rest of his post. We need some proper quality signed. Our front line gives me nightmares. Simply not good enough. We are not to far away from having a decent squad for this league but it's a fine line. Currently we wouldn't stay up.

Do you think that could be why CH has said that recruitment will still go on after the first game right up until 1st Spetember.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Sunderland 0-5 Celtic.

Far too much store is put on results pre-season. Let's wait until the real action starts before we make claims like that.. One thing that Mick has proved to be over the years, is very relilient.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Lol....ye of course they are blinkered aren't they ...maybe just see the wider picture ..trust in the people who got us to where we are now..etc ...and not quite so quick to critise..now i'm off to put my 15 month old grandson to bed..have a good evening

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here