Friendly Norwich Pub! Any Ideas??

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
Any ideas for a good pub to go to before the game in Norwich??, getting up there by 4.00ish tomorrow and will require liquid refreshment:drink::drink:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Theres a *pub near the ground, very friendly, its nearer to the away entrance than any other. Do remember though that you need to buy your tickets from the ticket office, which last time was the opposite side of the stadium (and pub) from the away entrance.

Just read that the *Clarence Harbour has been closed down to make way for new houses, to the Complete Angler then, 120 Prince of Wales Rd, NR1 1NS, is the one that gets reccomended mostly now.

Last edited:

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Compleat Angler or any of the other pubs between the station and the ground

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
The Fifers Lane Bar.

London Pompous

Feb 16, 2008
Dunno mate, but in 1983, in what was proved to be the Albion's final game in the top flight, we planted the flag in one of the Norwich pubs as a defiant gesture.

Uncle Monty, Peacehaven Pete, Dave the Armadillo and I set off in an unmarked lime green Morris Marina to avoid the OB who had heard that the RAM (Rottingdean Anarchy Mob for those of you not ITK) were planning one of our legendary awayday raids.

Big Vern couldn't make it, he was in an identity lineup after dodging the fare on Volk's Railway, and threatening to sort out the ticket inspector with a potato gun and an overripe mango, there could have been flesh everywhere if he had gone ahead with it, ketchup too.

We rolled into Six Fingered country a bit merry, a few too many bottles of Tizer had been consumed, know what I mean, but it didn't compromise our professionalism.

These were the pre mobile phone days, so meets had to be organised by carrier pigeon, but we knew that the Norwich mob were tooled up in their main gaffe, The Wife and Sister, which was an ale house with paradoxically a picture of only one woman on the pub sign, or perhaps they were trying to tell us something.

The previous Saturday, when a few of us had met up in the Bath Arms following relegation at home to Citeh, (Dennis Tueart is a fooking cannt by the way), a few other tasty crews also agreed to turn up so we could run the Norfolk en masse, HPAC (Hove Park Actually Crew), TCS (Terry Connor Stalkers, lead by our very own version of Boadicaea), and DoTB (Dykes on Their Bikes), a team of lesbian unicylists who no one messed with, partly because they all looked like Arthur Mullard in dungarees.

Parked outside the pub, slight delay as none of us had 20p for the meter, but after liberating one from a LOL (it meant Little Old Lady in those days you internet SLAGS) in exchange for two tens of course, we never do no trouble to civilians after all, we stormed the pub.

They didn't know what hit them, Armadillo Dave managed to give two wedgies, Peacehaven Pete stole a Norwich bobble hat from a dazed pensioner after asking for directions to the bogs, and I (modestly) flicked a bogey the full length of the bar into one of their pints. It was non stop toe to toe stealth bombing, and as a calling card Uncle Monty did an enormous dump in the pub toilet, refused to pull the chain and DIDN'T WASH HIS HANDS AFTERWARDS. No pussies amongst us or what.

They knew they were in trouble, white flag was raised covered in ketchup (actually I think it could have been a napkin after a rogue burger explosion).

We paid for our halves of lager top, looked round grinning from ear to ear like the naughty boys we are, then we were gone, like the SAS, except in a Morris Marina, to see the Albion put in another shithouse performance and lose 2-1.

Word is though, Norwich have never forgotten being made to look silly that day, but the respect we earned kept us in the top boys premier league for many seasons after.

God Bless the Queen Mum.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
I recommend the Coach & Horses. It has a brewery (Chalk Hill) on site, and usually has seven or eight of their own ales - up to 8% ABV - on, as well as the local 7.5% Kingfisher cider (£2.70 a pint, bargain!). I pretty much spent the entire weekend in there when we played them a couple of months back.

If travelling by train, take a hard right outside the station into Thorpe Road and it's five minutes walk (you pass a HUGE sorting office and you'll see the pub on the other side of the road). It's only about eight minutes walk to the ground from the pub - follow the crowds - and you'll arrive at the correct corner of the ground, by the Holiday Inn, where the away turnstiles - and a dedicated away tickets booth - is.

Coach and Horses

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
LP in da house! Pwoppa nawteee as ever - & a veritable foaming glass of sterident to the plaque-stained, blue n white false gnashers of NSC-dom. Top bombing that man. :bowdown:

Highamgull

Feb 26, 2009
I recommend the Coach & Horses. It has a brewery (Chalk Hill) on site, and usually has seven or eight of their own ales - up to 8% ABV - on, as well as the local 7.5% Kingfisher cider (£2.70 a pint, bargain!). I pretty much spent the entire weekend in there when we played them a couple of months back.

If travelling by train, take a hard right outside the station into Thorpe Road and it's five minutes walk (you pass a HUGE sorting office and you'll see the pub on the other side of the road). It's only about eight minutes walk to the ground from the pub - follow the crowds - and you'll arrive at the correct corner of the ground, by the Holiday Inn, where the away turnstiles - and a dedicated away tickets booth - is.

Coach and Horses

Agreed - good food as well and only 10 minutes walk from the ground.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Dunno mate, but in 1983, in what was proved to be the Albion's final game in the top flight, we planted the flag in one of the Norwich pubs as a defiant gesture.

Uncle Monty, Peacehaven Pete, Dave the Armadillo and I set off in an unmarked lime green Morris Marina to avoid the OB who had heard that the RAM (Rottingdean Anarchy Mob for those of you not ITK) were planning one of our legendary awayday raids.

Big Vern couldn't make it, he was in an identity lineup after dodging the fare on Volk's Railway, and threatening to sort out the ticket inspector with a potato gun and an overripe mango, there could have been flesh everywhere if he had gone ahead with it, ketchup too.

We rolled into Six Fingered country a bit merry, a few too many bottles of Tizer had been consumed, know what I mean, but it didn't compromise our professionalism.

These were the pre mobile phone days, so meets had to be organised by carrier pigeon, but we knew that the Norwich mob were tooled up in their main gaffe, The Wife and Sister, which was an ale house with paradoxically a picture of only one woman on the pub sign, or perhaps they were trying to tell us something.

The previous Saturday, when a few of us had met up in the Bath Arms following relegation at home to Citeh, (Dennis Tueart is a fooking cannt by the way), a few other tasty crews also agreed to turn up so we could run the Norfolk en masse, HPAC (Hove Park Actually Crew), TCS (Terry Connor Stalkers, lead by our very own version of Boadicaea), and DoTB (Dykes on Their Bikes), a team of lesbian unicylists who no one messed with, partly because they all looked like Arthur Mullard in dungarees.

Parked outside the pub, slight delay as none of us had 20p for the meter, but after liberating one from a LOL (it meant Little Old Lady in those days you internet SLAGS) in exchange for two tens of course, we never do no trouble to civilians after all, we stormed the pub.

They didn't know what hit them, Armadillo Dave managed to give two wedgies, Peacehaven Pete stole a Norwich bobble hat from a dazed pensioner after asking for directions to the bogs, and I (modestly) flicked a bogey the full length of the bar into one of their pints. It was non stop toe to toe stealth bombing, and as a calling card Uncle Monty did an enormous dump in the pub toilet, refused to pull the chain and DIDN'T WASH HIS HANDS AFTERWARDS. No pussies amongst us or what.

They knew they were in trouble, white flag was raised covered in ketchup (actually I think it could have been a napkin after a rogue burger explosion).

We paid for our halves of lager top, looked round grinning from ear to ear like the naughty boys we are, then we were gone, like the SAS, except in a Morris Marina, to see the Albion put in another shithouse performance and lose 2-1.

Word is though, Norwich have never forgotten being made to look silly that day, but the respect we earned kept us in the top boys premier league for many seasons after.

God Bless the Queen Mum.

:lolol:

smelly

May 23, 2004
Any ideas for a good pub to go to before the game in Norwich??, getting up there by 4.00ish tomorrow and will require liquid refreshment:drink::drink:

More to life than football and pissing it up, get a life you saddo!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me know when your in there.:laugh:

luke17

Oct 9, 2003
Ive been to Norwich about 6 times and never been in a bad pub the pub i recommend near the ground is the Coach & Horses if you have a bit more time then try the Fat Cat.

simon195

Sep 11, 2007
anyone know how far coach station is from the ground

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
thanks guys, the complete angler looks the one, less than 5 mins from the station and barely 10 mins to carrow road and its known as the away fans pub, brilliant. Cheers!:yahoo:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
:lolol: :clap: @ London Pompous

You never know what gems are lurking in these threads sometimes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports