Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Friday Teaser

ElkieB

Jun 24, 2008
Peacehaven
Apologies if Fixtures.

Anyone know the Goldstone connection with tomorrows participants, I remembered it and think it maybe a little obscure.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The team that we're playing tomorrow we once played at the goldstone? Possibly more than once...

ElkieB

Jun 24, 2008
Peacehaven
As Roy Walker would say, Its Good but its not right.

Answer at 2pm if not answered, but I am sure that won'y be necessary.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
if you put all the letterstogether of both teams , you still cant spell ****, f***ing **** or arse bandit......??? what do i win ...???

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
They once scored a goal there?

or

Left one saturday without settling there bar bill?

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
OK, I looked it up on the internet, and Mrs Valerie Goldstone is a senior course administrator in the Institute of Criminal Justice Studies at Portsmouth University.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Is it that we were possibly planning to ground share with them when the Goldstone was sold from under our feet?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The ground hosted football games for the 1948 Olympic Games, one of only two grounds outside London (the other being Fratton Park).

ElkieB

Jun 24, 2008
Peacehaven
Well you have got ALL the others chomping at the bit,i may just sat glued to this til 2pm,the suspense is killing me

Read something else. Its just for something to do on a Friday. Your life is probably far busier than mine, oh no your reading this.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Any of these?

Chris Day, Steven Carr, owen Coll, Mark Newson, Jamie Clapham, Paul Byrne Simon Wormull, Kevin Watson, Alan Pardew, Gary Sampson, Sean Slade, Paul Mahorn, Andy Turner.

All the above played in spurs intertoto cup at goldstone in 1995. Any of them linked with Portsmouth?

Last edited:

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
95 was that the year England B team played at The Goldstone? If so I thought it was earlier than that

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here