Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Friday night "Toast some departing heroes" drinking thread

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Glass of Gavi with grilled haddock and samphire for dinner. Healthy and restrained like a Basque who loves football and running.

Now tucking in to a bottle of Cotes du Rhone with some blue cheese like a full-blooded Scots rock star challenge.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Well, that's it for another season.

Raise your glass to those we won't see in the stripes again.

Me: taxi duties in a while, so I'll need to wait a bit. I'll update in due course.

So your "I really must go and watch Worthing when the Albion aren't playing more often" is starting next season?? Incidentally if anyone from the Sussex FA is watching what a SHIT time to play the Sussex Senior Cup Final!

For the record I've been on the Dark Star APA and now on a large glass of Cab Sav.

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
A Chinese take away from the Dragon & Peacock washed down with a couple of cans of 1664 ( the first of which was raised to our departing players)

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
This is all getting far too much for me ...
... but as to the question, had a glass or two of white Douro, cheap from Morrison's, which was really rather good.
Now on something red from not too far away from the Basque country, which unconsciously was for Calde. And I might just have a Laphroaig for GG.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Oh dear..I've rather let the side down its a couple of cans of Carling to wash the curry down...and a toast to those who are departing....I don't think it will truly hit home until the first game of the season

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
So your "I really must go and watch Worthing when the Albion aren't playing more often" is starting next season?? Incidentally if anyone from the Sussex FA is watching what a SHIT time to play the Sussex Senior Cup Final!

For the record I've been on the Dark Star APA and now on a large glass of Cab Sav.

My taxi duties - up to Copthorne and back - have only just concluded so I could't have made it to the Amex tonight.

Henry Westons Vintage. Starting late so need something with a bit of kick.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Wadeing in with a Proper Job as usual and just pondering what's next. Probably a Hobgoblin Gold but there is a good selection in the DS cellar after an early trip to Tesco

Proper Job, marvellous beer, especially on draught.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
My taxi duties - up to Copthorne and back - have only just concluded so I could't have made it to the Amex tonight.

Henry Westons Vintage. Starting late so need something with a bit of kick.

Henry Weston's vintage, is that the 7% cider? If so I think my lad left a bottle in the garage when he moved up to Bristol and I keep meaning to give it a try.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The Singleton Speyside single malt.

Thanks for everything gentlemen.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Funny you should say that as I had my first taste of it on draught in Exeter last weekend and as is always the case with ale the draught knocks spots off the bottled version
my only chance of draught is on my annual Cornish fishing holiday... always nice when you walk in a pub and its on a tap.

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
Couple of pints of rather fine German beer in Lewes at lunchtime followed by 3 Harvey's tonight and a couple of glasses of red with some spag Bol.

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
Started with sangria for calde
Then a pint of spitfire of thanks for Crofts
Bobby it's scrumpy ( as singed from Bristol)
Gordon , wells it's obvious, a double single malt

(Passed out and forgot chickson)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So, in order
Thornbridge Bear State APA
Three Floyds Space Station Middle Finger APA
Beavortown Bloody 'ell Blood Orange IPA
Berliner Berg Pale Ale
TOØL Dangerously Close to Stupid Double IPA
Gin Martini
Flensburger pils

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
So, in order
Thornbridge Bear State APA
Three Floyds Space Station Middle Finger APA
Beavortown Bloody 'ell Blood Orange IPA
Berliner Berg Pale Ale
TOØL Dangerously Close to Stupid Double IPA
Gin Martini
Flensburger pils

Yes. I had way too much to drink last night too.

And I pressed the button for beer in Brewdog. It actually works!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here