Votes: 1 3.7%
  • not really bothered

Votes: 4 14.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Caretaker

Sep 23, 2010
Hi everyone
Just wondered what everyone thinks about home games being played on a Friday night, I've supported Brighton for nearly 50 years now and have always found the atmosphere much better on Friday nights, don't know how much it would affect the attendances though

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
We missed a trick not doing say six or seven games on a Friday night at Withdean. It definitely would have helped the atmosphere and got more people there, particularly in the summer months when people have other things to do on a Saturday.

However the horse has bolted now, all too late.

In a proper stadium at Falmer we have no need for some tricks and Saturday football is what it should be.

Caretaker

Sep 23, 2010
Friday night games

Hi everyone
Just wondered what everyone thinks about home games being played on a Friday night, I've supported Brighton for nearly 50 years now and have always found the atmosphere much better on Friday nights, don't know how much it would affect the attendances though

Sorry my typing went wonky it should have read Friday night games

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
at Falmer, getting away from the games on a night is going to be a nightmare anyway, so I would council for more day games and none in the evenings at all!!

D

Deleted User X18H

at Falmer, getting away from the games on a night is going to be a nightmare anyway, so I would council for more day games and none in the evenings at all!!

What? You couldn't make it up could you?This sort of unsubstantiated statement is the reason why so many leave Withdean early. Much to Poyet's bemusement

There is no evidence to suggest getting away from Falmer on an evening is going to be more difficult than in daytime. In fact it might be easier as there will be less traffic on both road and rail. There may be more capacity for special shuttle trains.

Perhaps you could take your seat at 2.55 or 7.40 have a quick cheer then make you way home 20 minutes later.

Only Albion fans could moan about something they have been campaigning about for 10 years before its actually opened.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
What? You couldn't make it up could you?This sort of unsubstantiated statement is the reason why so many leave Withdean early. Much to Poyet's bemusement

There is no evidence to suggest getting away from Falmer on an evening is going to be more difficult than in daytime. In fact it might be easier as there will be less traffic on both road and rail. There may be more capacity for special shuttle trains.

Perhaps you could take your seat at 2.55 or 7.40 have a quick cheer then make you way home 20 minutes later.

Only Albion fans could moan about something they have been campaigning about for 10 years before its actually opened.

oh the irony

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
For those of use who work in London evening games are near impossible and as there are a fair number of us I'd be against evening games.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I HATE Friday night games. It leaves such a gaping hole the following Saturday afternoon when everyone else is playing.
Friday nights are for a couple of swift post-work shandies down the local and a takeaway. Football on Saturday eradicates ANY risk of a prolongued afternoon trudge round some grim town centre looking for shoes or something.

D

Deleted User X18H

For those of use who work in London evening games are near impossible and as there are a fair number of us I'd be against evening games.

I don't see how. I work in the City every now and then and used to permanently. I always managed to get to evening home games prior to kick off. And nip home for a bit to eat.

The will even be an alternative route when the 'Amex' opens. As there are a good few train to Eastbourne and Hastings from Victoria or Croydon (not London Bridge) so its a simple change at Lewes.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Hi everyone

Absolutely not, think about the loyal supporters who don't live in Brighton, Friday night would be a nightmare for us to get to. Saturdays or Sundays for me.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
when Fc United come out to play, hurrah, hurrah
when Fc United come out to play, hurrah, hurrah
when Fc United come out to play
it'll be 3 o'clock on a saturday
cause we dont work for Sky Sports anymore.

I'm with that lot

This does not rhyme. Crap song.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Friday night games make a nice change for 1 or 2 games in December, but I wouldn't ever want that to become the norm for the whole season or at Falmer

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I HATE Friday night games. It leaves such a gaping hole the following Saturday afternoon when everyone else is playing.
Friday nights are for a couple of swift post-work shandies down the local and a takeaway. Football on Saturday eradicates ANY risk of a prolongued afternoon trudge round some grim town centre looking for shoes or something.

This. Possibly the best side-effect of being a footy fan is the shit it gets you out of doing on Saturday afternoons :thumbsup:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I'm a traditionalist , plus I work Friday nights and Sundays - let it be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here