Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Friday night drinking thread

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I was going to go out and pick up a bottle of wine from somewhere, but really, I can't be arsed. So currently it's finishing off an already open bottle of prosecco. After which I'll be on a gin & pink grapefruit mixer, and then- if I'm still in the mood- it'll be raiding the drinks cupboard for something in there. Dangerous stuff.

I have Chablis, nothing more dangerous than 2 bottles of that, I'm resisting getting into a virtual fight on here to which I hope as a member of Great Britains finest you're proud of my maturity?

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Had 7 pints in the pub earlier. Having the night off as I'm expecting little'un to be up at bang on 3am as usual and I have work tomorrow. Went in hungover today so need 4 hours of decent sleep.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Had 7 pints in the pub earlier. Having the night off as I'm expecting little'un to be up at bang on 3am as usual and I have work tomorrow. Went in hungover today so need 4 hours of decent sleep.

Bloody right. Those buses don't drive themselves [emoji106][emoji106]

Brighton Mackem

Mar 12, 2013
South of Sunderland
IMG_0859.JPG

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Bloody right. Those buses don't drive themselves [emoji106][emoji106]

Am I having a whoosh moment? Or am I drunker than I thought? I'm going to risk it and say.....

I'm not a bus driver. Why would you think I am?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Don't forget it.

I found 3 Corona ice pops in the freezer this morning.

I won't, plenty of frozen burst stubbies have been found in freezer after a bender

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
After last night? You're joking - you were making me drink wine at 2:00 in the morning. I'm on the ginger and lemongrass cordial, early night with a book.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
More or less sober last night. Up at 4.45 to check the election and to get the train to Birmingham and spend the day in meetings about old reinsurance contracts. Woo-effing-hoo.

That does mean, however, that I had a can of Magners on the train to Euston and am now halfway down a bottle of Saint Auriol Corbieres from Waitrose.

Happy days.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Ruby Leffe earlier, and then a Punk IPA

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I have Chablis, nothing more dangerous than 2 bottles of that, I'm resisting getting into a virtual fight on here to which I hope as a member of Great Britains finest you're proud of my maturity?

I started off with a white Burgundy, a Vire-Classe (if I'm being honest, I had a lovely drop of sherry first), and am now on the Barbera. Celebrating.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
More or less sober last night. Up at 4.45 to check the election and to get the train to Birmingham and spend the day in meetings about old reinsurance contracts. Woo-effing-hoo.

That does mean, however, that I had a can of Magners on the train to Euston and am now halfway down a bottle of Saint Auriol Corbieres from Waitrose.

Happy days.

I stayed up for the exit poll (dry), got up at 5, and have been smiling since then. Even having to endure an hour with Isabelle Oakeshott hasn't wiped it off yet.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
After a few bottles of wines shared amongst friends at home, we've just moved on to a 1995 Kracher Cuvée #12 nouvelle Vague TBA. Truly the nectar of the Gods. Ridiculously high residual sugar, but, despite that, 11% alcohol and racy acidity. Breathtaking winemaking.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here