Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Fridat night drinking thread

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Supposed to have flown to Alicante this morning, so compensating with a few San Miguel Especials. Mrs P gone round to see a mate, so beer and footy for me :thumbsup:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Supposed to have flown to Alicante this morning, so compensating with a few San Miguel Especials. Mrs P gone round to see a mate, so beer and footy for me :thumbsup:

Sinking a couple of ice cold Proper Jobs at the moment, however, my enjoyment is tempered by the fact that currently, Harty's thread "If you need help, there’s help out there. " is directly above " Friday Night Drinking "

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Goodness me chaps, resorting to bouncing last week's thread?

*tuts*

Mrs GB's birthday. Have just had a glass of Delavenne Grand Cru to celebrate with her. About to tuck into a Thai takeaway from the Blue Anchor and have a four pinter of CSider Medium Cider from the Foghorn to go with that and the United game later. There's Monkey Shoulder around if I need it, but I very much doubt I will :lolol: :drink:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Spent most of the day removing a rather heavy V8 engine and box of cogs from a 'Bolwell' GT . . . In better times My AUs cousin and I would be sinking some Little creates, VB, even Tooheys . . . And cooking then claret , maybe even a puff after . .not today sadly.

Picked up some fresh dark star hophead, From the Duke, to wet the whistle. First for months . . . And a few glasses of claret, nout posh, vieux Manoir bobeaux for Co-Op, not bad at all.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Spent most of the day removing a rather heavy V8 engine and box of cogs from a 'Bolwell' GT . . . In better times My AUs cousin and I would be sinking some Little creates, VB, even Tooheys . . . And cooking then claret , maybe even a puff after . .not today sadly.

Picked up some fresh dark star hophead, From the Duke, to wet the whistle. First for months . . . And a few glasses of claret, nout posh, vieux Manoir bobeaux for Co-Op, not bad at all.
FYI, the Dark star brewery re-opened its brewery shop in Partridge Green on Thursday this week, usual social distancing/ contactless please/ not many in shop at same time stuff but OPEN !

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
FYI, the Dark star brewery re-opened its brewery shop in Partridge Green on Thursday this week, usual social distancing/ contactless please/ not many in shop at same time stuff but OPEN !

I did see that. Whilst I still like Dark Star. Asahi/Fullers don't need support . . . Privately owned pubs do . .. .especially as they're the ones selling the smallest breweries beers.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I did see that. Whilst I still like Dark Star. Asahi/Fullers don't need support . . . Privately owned pubs do . .. .especially as they're the ones selling the smallest breweries beers.

This. Dark Star now big time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Couple of nice craft lagers (part of a birthday case from pals) after a nice jog on the Downs this evening and with the Indian takeaway, followed by a lovely rioja. Golf in the morning before beer and piglets pies watching the game on the makeshift terrace in the garden tomorrow, followed by a bbq and more beers.......and then an early morning run, a long walk with pals followed by a cream tea on Sunday. Tough gig, will struggle through as best I can [emoji3]

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Couple of nice craft lagers (part of a birthday case from pals) after a nice jog on the Downs this evening and with the Indian takeaway, followed by a lovely rioja. Golf in the morning before beer and piglets pies watching the game on the makeshift terrace in the garden tomorrow, followed by a bbq and more beers.......and then an early morning run, a long walk with pals followed by a cream tea on Sunday. Tough gig, will struggle through as best I can [emoji3]

You have my sympathies. Just try and tough it out 👍

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Copious Proper Job's for me, going to check out that Spike lee film in the next couple of days, currently working through "Staged " on the BBC iplayer, David Tenant and Michael Sheen in great form.

F..uck me I don’t know whose worse nowadays.
You and your copious Proper Jobs or Pickles and his ice cold Punk.

Take a chance.

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
It’s a Fridat night on the squash and water for me after a rather heavy Thursdat night celebrating my wife’s birthday. That consisted of, Ridgeview Bloomsbury, home made frozen margaritas and prosecco.
Back on it tomorrow to celebrate the return of The Albion!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Beer No Evil recommended a fairly new brewery in Lewes - Beak Brewery. Their Parade IPA was really good. One is the brewers from Burning Sky has gone there I think

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
DSC_0053.JPG just opened up an ice cold San Miguel

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I have these three beauts for now : apple crumble pastry sour at 7.2 from the unbarred/York collaboration..... will be last...

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
4 pinter of Hip Hop Pale from The Foghorn. Maybe something nice from the shed afterwards.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here