Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

French to Steal 2012 Olympics!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Je suis désolé mon brave , mais vous devez acheter une carte d'huîtres pour obtenir sur ce autobus

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
The newswires have reported that the French Government has announced that it has raised its terror alert level from 'Run' to 'Hide'. The only two higher levels in France are 'Surrender' and 'Collaborate'. The rise was precipitated by a recent fire which destroyed France's White Flag factory, effectively disabling their military.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
The newswires have reported that the French Government has announced that it has raised its terror alert level from 'Run' to 'Hide'. The only two higher levels in France are 'Surrender' and 'Collaborate'. The rise was precipitated by a recent fire which destroyed France's White Flag factory, effectively disabling their military.

:lolol: though I believe it was on QI that the French have won more wars that the English.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As Bob Monkhouse said 'The channel tunnel was built so that the French could get to London quicker to surrender or confirm their surrender which ever was needed'.

So what's new?

[yt]D6th81wkUbc[/yt]

French first, English second ... in a nation where English is the national language.

I think it's only going to be whinging poms who object.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Nothing compared to what we would have had to give FIFA!

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Speaking french!? First?! Given that french is one of the most popular languages in the world?! In a tournement thats modern recreation started in France?! Like they do EVERY Olympiad?!

Bullshit. What kind of thinking is this? I won't stand for it. Who's going to Parliament Square?

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Speaking french!? First?! Given that french is one of the most popular languages in the world?! In a tournement thats modern recreation started in France?! Like they do EVERY Olympiad?!

Bullshit. What kind of thinking is this? I won't stand for it. Who's going to Parliament Square?

This. More sensationalist journalism creating a story out of nothing.

Which sounds most climactic?

"Gold Medallist and Olympic Champion, Medaille d'Or et Champion Olympique, ... Chris Hoy"

or

"Medaille d'Or et Champion Olympique, Gold Medallist and Olympic Champion ... Chris Hoy" ?

I think French first, English second does the business.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here