Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Free-range eggs unavailable in Britain from Monday

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Consumers will no longer be able to buy free-range eggs in the UK from Monday, with birds not having been allowed outdoors since November due to fears of avian flu outbreaks.

Eggs sold in shops will have to carry a sticker or label saying they are in fact “barn eggs”, the name given to eggs produced by hens permanently housed indoors.

The UK was hit by what government officials have said is the “largest ever outbreak of avian flu” this winter, with more than 80 reported outbreaks in England.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The other day it took me 4 attempts to parallel park my car.
Even then I still left it with 2 wheels on the pavement.
Got in and had a right moan about the state of the house...

...it turns out I was suffering from bird flu.

Coat.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
The other day it took me 4 attempts to parallel park my car.
Even then I still left it with 2 wheels on the pavement.
Got in and had a right moan about the state of the house...

...it turns out I was suffering from bird flu.

Coat.

well there was no need to get into a flap was there!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
People need to understand Free Range ain’t free Range half the time anyway. Can’t force the birds outside and thousands don’t because they need to effectively navigate the London Underground to find the way out of those industrial sheds.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Get ours from Macs Farm. The fresh double yolker I had for breakfast this morning certainly wasn't mass produced by something stuffed into a cage :shrug:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Consumers will no longer be able to buy free-range eggs in the UK from Monday, with birds not having been allowed outdoors since November due to fears of avian flu outbreaks.

Eggs sold in shops will have to carry a sticker or label saying they are in fact “barn eggs”, the name given to eggs produced by hens permanently housed indoors.

The UK was hit by what government officials have said is the “largest ever outbreak of avian flu” this winter, with more than 80 reported outbreaks in England.

:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol: **** me ...whats next , lamb rotor virus , pork pneumonia , cow mumps...?? just cook the shit and eat it ,,,,20 minutes at 150 degrees kills just about everything.:moo::vomit: good luck

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Probably this news hasn't reached the bods up the hill from here, still out and about as would ours be if old reynard hadn't paid a visit last month.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
There is a farm near me whose chickens have most definitely been free range, always out in the fields.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
People need to understand Free Range ain’t free Range half the time anyway. Can’t force the birds outside and thousands don’t because they need to effectively navigate the London Underground to find the way out of those industrial sheds.

As are the 'outdoor bred pork'...couple of weeks outside till they are weaned, then back in the shed

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington

Rubbish, bought half a dozen free range eggs from our local Farm Shop this morning while I watched the chickens strutting around the field, why do you feel you need to post this sort of bollocks?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here