Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Free Albion Book Offer

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
A spare copy of the 'Albion A-Z - A Who's Who of Brighton & Hove Albion' has recently come into my possession. This excellent book was written in 1997 by Tim Carder and Roger Harris, and includes full career details of every player to have played for the Albion up until that point. It's one of the very best books of its kind, and has been out of print for some time.

This particular copy is unfortunately missing its dust wrapper, but it is otherwise in good condition. It will serve as an excellent reference for any Albion fan who doesn't already have a copy.

I've already got a mint condition copy of the book, and have no need of second copy. Therefore, I'm willing to let somebody have it provided they pay the postage and packing. As this is a large hardback book, the P&P will be about £6-00.

The first person who replies to this post can have the book. Leave a brief message and I'll PM you with my address details.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Re: Re: Free Albion Book Offer

Biscuit said:

Why don't I need two copies of the same book? Surely even someone of your limited IQ can work that out.....

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
The Large One said:
Without wishing to sound flippant, why have you got a FIRST copy, let alone a second copy?

That was my question.. I thought someone of Bluetits limited IQ could work that out.....obviously not.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
The Large One said:
Without wishing to sound flippant, why have you got a FIRST copy, let alone a second copy?

I've been collecting and dealing in football history books for about 20 years. I've got hundreds of them. They are invaluable for research purposes due to the amount of football-related writing I do (articles for the internet, the CCFC programme, the local paper, etc).

This book was a part of a small collection I recently purchased, but it's of no great market value as it doesn't have a dustwrapper. Therefore, I thought an Albion fan might like to have it.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
The Laughing Bluebird said:
I've been collecting and dealing in football history books for about 20 years. I've got hundreds of them. They are invaluable for research purposes due to the amount of football-related writing I do (articles for the internet, the CCFC programme, the local paper, etc).

This book was a part of a small collection I recently purchased, but it's of no great market value as it doesn't have a dustwrapper. Therefore, I thought an Albion fan might like to have it.

20 years?

Any on Wrexham?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
You said you have hundreds, but theres only what.. 94 league clubs? Do you double up on most or do you get rid of the old ones when a newer addition comes out?

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Biscuit said:
You said you have hundreds, but theres only what.. 94 league clubs? Do you double up on most or do you get rid of the old ones when a newer addition comes out?

I have books on almost every League club (of which there are 92, you dullard!), as well as numerous non-league and Scottish clubs. I also have a lot of books about the general history of the game and about the British national sides.

Most clubs have had several books written about them. I currently have three Albion books ('the Albion A-Z', 'Albion - The First 100 Years' and 'Seagulls!'), having recently sold my copies of 'Burn a Bonfire' and 'More Than 90 Minutes'.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I have books on almost every League club (of which there are 92, you dullard!), as well as numerous non-league and Scottish clubs. I also have a lot of books about the general history of the game and about the British national sides.

Most clubs have had several books written about them. I currently have three Albion books ('the Albion A-Z', 'Albion - The First 100 Years' and 'Seagulls!'), having recently sold my copies of 'Burn a Bonfire' and 'More Than 90 Minutes'.

Thank you.

I missed being called a dullard.

Love you always. :love:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
A spare copy of the 'Albion A-Z - A Who's Who of Brighton & Hove Albion' has recently come into my possession. This excellent book was written in 1997 by Tim Carder and Roger Harris, and includes full career details of every player to have played for the Albion up until that point. It's one of the very best books of its kind, and has been out of print for some time.

At the last Albion Race Day (the one that got fogged off), Tim Carder had a stall selling a big stack of the A-Z book - complete with dust-cover. He was flogging them off ridiculously cheap, a quid each if memory serves. A load of us bought them there and then before the author came to his senses :lol:

Quality book BTW :clap:

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me

Quickly change your post to read "build a bonfire" before anyone notices. ;)

On a serious note, good on ya for passing the book on - most Cardiff fans would just burn it!! :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here