Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Fred Dinenage

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
You're right there mate, everyone loves a tory.:thumbsup:
My love spreads across the political spectrum mate.The football rivalry is a narrower corridor however Dear old Fred can be excused for the Shitehouse team he supports.:thumbsup:

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Watch his interviews with the krays on YouTube.
Very good

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Didn’t Fred have something to do with Southern Soccer? - Pompey seemed to be televised every Sunday: Ray Hiron, tricky Nicky Jennings and all that

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Takes me back to my youthful days of b& w telly. What was it ? South Today I think, followed by “ Out of Town” with pipe smoking Jack Hargreaves...

[edit.. I forgot to mention Fred’s workmate Chris Peacock ( rather camp but I was too young to realise)]

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Call me biased but every time I see him it reminds me what a smug overly enthusiastic (for a newsreader) Pompey fan he was when they were flying high. Tend to turn over when he comes on

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I'm relieved.

I really thought this was going to be either a rest in peace thread, or a "has been accused of X, Y, Z in the 70s thread"

Phew - he's alive and legend status retained!

I actually thought he had already died !

Sorry Fred :(

aberllefenni

Jan 15, 2009
I took a dislike to him, when he flung a copy of the Raymond Briggs book The Tinpot Foreign General and the Old Iron Woman across the studio, saying something along the lines of "Well that's what we think of that rubbish." Definite tory.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Didn’t Fred have something to do with Southern Soccer? - Pompey seemed to be televised every Sunday: Ray Hiron, tricky Nicky Jennings and all that

Albie McCann :facepalm:

And they would always show some Yorkshire TV highlights and it was always Hull City. Stewart Pearson and Ken Wagstaff :facepalm:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I took a dislike to him, when he flung a copy of the Raymond Briggs book The Tinpot Foreign General and the Old Iron Woman across the studio, saying something along the lines of "Well that's what we think of that rubbish." Definite tory.

His daughter Caroline is a tory minister. She's the Minister of State for Digital Culture, Media and Sport. What with this, the regional news, the serial killer documentaries and the Kray biographies, he has pretty much led Alan Partridge's dream life.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
You're right there mate, everyone loves a tory.:thumbsup:

Where’s the thumbs down when you need it?

down.png

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland

I spent ~£25 getting a copy of that a year or so ago as I'd got rid of the one I had as a kid. Excellent work.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here