Francis Jeffers

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
A friend of mine who is a director at the club has advised me, we are trying to sign Francis Jeffers on loan. He currently cant get a game for charlton and his career has gone Pete Tong. Definately a possibility we will get him too.

Thoughts please, would you want him?

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I can see it happening - he'll be happy just to get regular football

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
there may be something in this - given the Argus' mention of him today...

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Funnily enough I heard that name mentioned on Saturday, shame he was reputedly on over £10000 at Rangers whilst on loan (I only know that because he was up in court for attacking some cab driver and it was splashed over the paper)

Cant see it being any different if he came here.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Could be some truth in this rumour-I've just seen a big box of these being delivered to the club shop

thumb_20024.jpg

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
So we'll be getting Francis Jeffers and Dennis Wise was training with us last week? What are Lee Bowyer and Jody Morris doing at the moment? Don't expect to find a cab anywhere near Withdean though.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
He's absolute pony. Did nothing at the gooners, been shit for Charlton and failed to score at Rangers.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Saw on teletext this morning that Millwall are after him and wondered why we were not. I think this would be a very good signing but I don't think it will happen.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Bwian said:
Could be some truth in this rumour-I've just seen a big box of these being delivered to the club shop

thumb_20024.jpg

:lolol:

To be honest, whilst his career is rapidly flushing away, he is still commanding a wage that we couldn't even dream of paying out and he'd have to be seriously keen to start playing regularly at any cost to even think about coming to Brighton. If we could get him on our terms and he's hungry with a point to prove, great. But I don't see it

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What was little Leon on - £4k, £5k a week perhaps? We merely start giving this to Charlton who are happy to have someone subsidising the wage of a player who is not going to get a game.

A loan position doesn't have to mean all of a player's wage being covered...

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Surely Jeffers is admitting defeat by playing for little old Brighton.

I think he would be magic in the division and we should go for it. What have we got to lose. Come on Curbs, do us a favour.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Bluejuice said:
:lolol:

To be honest, whilst his career is rapidly flushing away, he is still commanding a wage that we couldn't even dream of paying out and he'd have to be seriously keen to start playing regularly at any cost to even think about coming to Brighton. If we could get him on our terms and he's hungry with a point to prove, great. But I don't see it

isnt that why he went to rangers on loan ?

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
BarrelofFun said:
Surely Jeffers is admitting defeat by playing for little old Brighton.

I think he would be magic in the division and we should go for it. What have we got to lose. Come on Curbs, do us a favour.

I doubt this will happen, I mean a striker who actually has some idea where the goal is being signed?

Whoever it did Deon Dublin no harm about 3 seasons back spending the second half of the season at Millwall on loan from Villa.

The following season he was a regular at Villa again.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I think the Jeffers story was a wind up on New Years Day on NSC and Naylor has thought it was legit:ohmy:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
ditchy said:
isnt that why he went to rangers on loan ?

Yes and to be fair most people thought he would be a big sucess.

He WASNT, he was constantly being a TWAT (hmm, didnt we just get rid of one) and very rarely did anything on the pitch to sugest he could cut it agaisnt teams like Falkirk/Livingston and Dunfermiline who to be quite honest would struggle in the Conference.

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
Jeffers was a £12m player only a few seasons ago, so must be on mega money, but as Bozza says, often clubs are prepared to carry on paying a proportion of the wages, so this story might just have legs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports