Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

France Vs England 8pm

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Why the f**k do I do it. 49 years old I should know better, but no, every time I watch, I hope, I despair, I f**king despair.

Kane just said if we want to be brave, ffs lad.
Brave and creating nothing lol
Think they're getting carried away with pogba as he wasn't that bloody good...

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
We really don't. I'd love to think we do but we're miles away from being good. We could have lost by 5,6,7 tonight even with a man advantage. We weren't able to press, even against 10 men yet the French could do it at will, that's all about technique and confidence in that technique.....
Spot on....Gets embarrassing it really does but we're used to it and it's been like this for decades :)

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I agree, but that is not a man that would motivate me. Bland in the extreme

Perhaps, as for the last 20 years I'd say, our players aren't that good?

Once the last eras of truly gifted: offensive players fizzled out (Gazza, Beardsley, Waddle, Lineker), great goalies and also world standard defenders bloody good in their roles (G.Neville, Pearce, Butcher), we've been found out. Some of our players were sought after by Italian and Spanish clubs.

Media and hype by many of us during each PL season about the greatness of Kane, Alli, Dier, Sterling, Oxlade, Rashford and Lingard. The real stars are Sanchez, Coutinho, Hazard, Willian, Kante, Mane, De Gea, Herrera, Eriksson and the list goes on. Genuinely gifted players, creators against any opposition.

It's a long list of English and foreign managers who have now failed with our overrated players.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
As so he f**king should. He kicked the ball twice once from penalty spot.

Improvement from Sat then

I wonder if it will get to the point we're players like Kane won't bother anymore.

I'm bias but he is a world class striker.

His stats back this up - he would get in any club side in the world currently

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Brave and creating nothing lol
Think they're getting carried away with pogba as he wasn't that bloody good...

Agree he never gets that space in domestic football. He gets clattered.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

I wonder if it will get to the point we're players like Kane won't bother anymore.

No he's not, he's good but not World class

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

He's a very good finisher in the form of his life. But why don't we hear of any European giants ever making a move for him? The media find out everything.

Perhaps the likes of Morata, Hinguain, Lewandowski, Benzama, Mbappe, Suarez, Neymar etc have more to their game. More mobile, creators, and outstanding technical footballers.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
His stats say differently

29 goals in 30 league games
30 goals in last 25 games
4 hattricks this season

If an over seas player was doing that we would be going bat shit

I am massively bias!!!! :)

lets see if he's doing in 2 seasons time

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
He's a very good finisher in the form of his life. But why don't we hear of any European giants ever making a move for him? The media find out everything.

Perhaps the likes of Morata, Hinguain, Lewandowski, Benzama, Mbappe, Suarez, Neymar etc have more to their game. More mobile, creators, and outstanding technical footballers.

If Kane was on the market I think every major club would be after him.

He has more to his game than just finishing - his work rate and creation levels are high.

Swap him with Benzema and he would out score him in that real side.

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Safe pair of hands after Allardyce. Not good enough at this level.

FA through and through. No controversies, blazer and tie smartly attired, talks the tactical talk, giving the next golden generation of a chance.

If the answer is Livermore and Cresswell, what's the question?

Reminiscent of the Graham Taylor (RIP) era, in that caps are handed out like confetti. Anyone remember Geoff Thomas, Mark Bright and Carlton Palmer getting the ultimate acolade at time of England caps?

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
FA through and through. No controversies, blazer and tie smartly attired, talks the tactical talk, giving the next golden generation of a chance.

If the answer is Livermore and Cresswell, what's the question?

Reminiscent of the Graham Taylor (RIP) era, in that caps are handed out like confetti. Anyone remember Geoff Thomas, Mark Bright and Carlton Palmer getting the ultimate acolade at time of England caps?

Bright never played for England, but your point is correct!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I was at the Slovenia v Malta game on Saturday and watching that felt a bit like watching this game. You always knew Slovenia were the much better side and it was a question of when they unpicked the Maltese defence. France were so much better than England and it showed.

We've just won the U20 World Cup. I say start bringing in those players now and build a side that can properly challenge for the World Cup in 5 years time or the Euros in 7 years.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
lets see if he's doing in 2 seasons time

Why two more seasons? He's won the premier league Golden Boot two years running, scored 30+ goals in two of the last three seasons and scored 20+ premier league goals for three consecutive seasons. He has outscored everyone in the premier league over the last three years. At the very least he's an outstanding premier league striker.

As for England, I haven't seen the game, don't intend to either. There are deep rooted issues with the national team that I doubt very much will be overcome by Southgate. He talks a good game but his teams rarely seem to match it. I hope I'm wrong, I really do, it'd be great to finally have a half decent national team again but I just can't see it.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I think we actually look pretty good when we attack, in Kane and Ali we have two brilliant players, scoring for us is not an issue as has been shown in recent games. The issue is defending, we are AWFUL. 5 goals conceded in 2 games and 2 of those were against bloomin Scotland.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here