Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

France v ROI playoff?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Maybe Ireland could go out to a Ronaldo dive for a penalty in the play-offs this year, just for some variety.

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
40% of the average ranking points per game earned in the UEFA Euro 2012 qualifying stage.
40% of the average ranking points per game earned in the 2010 FIFA World Cup qualifying stage and final tournament.
20% of the average ranking points per game earned in the UEFA Euro 2008 qualifying stage and final tournament.

Seriously, am I reading this right, thats what it's gonna be based on?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
what the hell has happened to France?

its great to see but seriously wtf

Bear in mind this is the France that comprehensively RAPED us at Wembley less than a year ago. They beat us at walking pace.

We're not even close to being at their level yet, and if we meet them next summer, I fear they'd smash us up. Badly.

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
Seedings for playoffs.

Pot 1: Portugal, Croatia, Ireland, Czech Rep

Pot 2: Bosnia, Turkey, Montenegro, Estonia

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Need to hope for a favourable draw for the Finals. The 4 top seeds will be Poland, Ukraine, Spain and probably Holland, so really, we NEED to be in there with one of the hosts, even though they are hosts. Poland would be preferable to Ukraine I suppose, but both will be tricky on home territory. Get drawn in with the other two though and winning the group is a complete write-off, we'd just have to hope they smash everyone and leave us scrambling for 2nd.

2nd seeds will be us, Germany, Italy and probably France, so we won't be drawn against any of those in the group at least.

The Euro's are, in a way, harder to win than the WC though. There's no cannon-fodder whatsoever, you've got to be AT it from start to finish or you're f***ed.

Last edited:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The Euro's are, in a way, harder to win than the WC though. There's no cannon-fodder whatsoever, you've got to be AT it from start to finish or you're f***ed.

Indeed. No Oceania powerhouses such as New Zealand.

Just on crap international teams, I noticed that the mighty QATAR's bid to make it to Brazil took a giant leap forward tonight with victory in Indonesia. No easy games in Jakarta. Keep it up, and Qatar might be hosting as defending champions...

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
I watched a lot of France v Bosnia tonight. It was an absolutely fantastic match, one of the best I've seen for a while. Bosnia are a VERY good team and, if they come through the play-offs, will be an underdog with the potential to cause a shock.

They're definitely the team Ireland should be hoping to avoid. Turkey are awful at the moment - Ireland shouldn't be too fussed if they draw them.

Bosnia were magnificent for the first hour last night - really took the game to France. Great support as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here