Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] France v Argentina

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I'd like to see them in the semis. Excellent squads. As for underdogs helping England, I think wanting that is an admission that we need help to progress. I don't enjoy that. If we're not good enough we shouldn't be there.

It’s very much an admission.

Until we beat poor Panama and Tunisia teams, no one in England thought we’d progress deep into this WC. Our first 11 is a decent young team, with good team spirit and just one world class player Kane.

Spain and France, unfortunately, are a class above, with world class players filling the largest clubs in Europe.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Shite again Messi

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Based on this performance France will take some stopping.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
He’s done nothing to make me dislike him. In fact I really like him. He’s a great player obviously. What I dislike is the likes of Murphy who clearly wants to date him. Just tell it like it is - Messi has almost always been entirely mediocre for Argentina. Don’t spend the entire game commentating exclusively on him and making pathetic excuses for him when it doesn’t go his way. Don’t sound so obviously disappointed when he shoots and it doesn’t go in. Get a grip and realise he’s been upstaged by countless players at the last three World Cups.

Beat me to it.

It’s been the same all World Cup, “Messi has been shite but it’s not his fault blah blah”

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
What’s Messi done to make you dislike him?

Where did I say I dislike him? I just find the fawning over certain players when they haven't done anything of note tiresome. Messi hasn't turned up, once again, for the Argies ... and according to Murphy it's because of the players around him. No personal responsibility.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here