Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] France just what's going on?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Because your post was referencing mine, whereby I was pointing out that the looters, rioters and racist agitators have no interest in protesting the young lad’s death. They are there to push their own agenda, be it discontentment with being at the bottom of society, greed and a desire for violence under the cover of vengeance.

The explanation given, the one you reference in your post, doesn’t justify violent looting. Being poor and downtrodden does not entitle one to expensive luxury items, just because someone on the other side of the country was murdered. I am not entitled to stuff just because I am hard done by sometimes. Nobody is, regardless of your religion or the colour of your skin.

By handwaving civil disorder like rioting and looting, by targeting wealthy neighbourhoods and burning expensive cars, and desecrating Holocaust memorials, many protestors are showing their true colours and intentions.
I’m not sure you understand what oppression means. You seem to have no idea why the discriminated poor communities are targeting the wealthy.
Your outrage in my opinion is at all the wrong things. It reminds me of the statue situation people valuing a lump of carved rock more than human life itself.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
He was shot through the arm/chest allegedly. Apparently the lad in question had form for driving off when stopped, a shot was fired when the car started to move. All will be revealed when this gets to court anyway and hopefully justice will be done.
Sadly, guns kill people, no matter how well trained the user is.
Just looked up the minimum age for driving in France and it is 18 years old

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
I guess it is anti police rather than anti violence that is causing a few people to steal, burn and destroy.

There was no disorder after all after a man stabbed a number toddlers and pensioners in a park a few weeks back in France.

No disorder after hundreds were murdered in Paris and Nice by terrorists in the last few years.

Why it has spread to Belgium is a mystery. Do police officers misbehave there as well?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I guess it is anti police rather than anti violence that is causing a few people to steal, burn and destroy.

There was no disorder after all after a man stabbed a number toddlers and pensioners in a park a few weeks back in France.

No disorder after hundreds were murdered in Paris and Nice by terrorists in the last few years.

Why it has spread to Belgium is a mystery. Do police officers misbehave there as well?
Ah....Belgium.......and in particular the wonderful city of Brussels. That hot bed quartier, that has bred so many terrorists and murderers. Who would have thunk it...?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
It turns out he was in fact the 16th citizen to die at the hands of the police in the last 18 months. As far as I know, there have been no convictions.

Last year, 3 police officers were found guilty of manslaughter after choking a 33-year-old man to death in 2015. They each received a suspended prison sentence.

Not making any excuses for what has happened in Nanterre, but just to add a bit of context, I note that in 2018 ( just 12 months ), 25 Police officers and gendarmes were killed in the line of duty. I'm not aware of recent statistics.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
looks like not calming down, even escalating now. there's a claim of an RPG fired at a police station, not sure thats quite true but explosions and car bombs happening, rioters arming themselves with stolen weaponry from police. way beyond the usual tyre fire in the street.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It read like you were saying that anyone who downplayed this or minimised it's seriousness was a racist?

So if someone doesn't 'condemn it in the strongest possible terms' they are a racist?
You have to shout it in a strong Norn Iron accent, a la the late unlamented Ian Paisley .... "I condemn ARRRLLL vi-o-lence". That, apparantly, makes it all OK, without anybody having to actually mean what they are shouting!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
You have to shout it in a strong Norn Iron accent, a la the late unlamented Ian Paisley .... "I condemn ARRRLLL vi-o-lence". That, apparantly, makes it all OK, without anybody having to actually mean what they are shouting!
Maybe we all sign a post before we are allowed to discuss anything in the thread?

We the undersigned condemn all violence and vandalism associated with this topic.

I don't understand why people assume the opposite.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
looks like not calming down, even escalating now. there's a claim of an RPG fired at a police station, not sure thats quite true but explosions and car bombs happening, rioters arming themselves with stolen weaponry from police. way beyond the usual tyre fire in the street.

49 arrests yesterday compared to more than 2000 across Friday and Saturday.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Many of my customers in Sussex Police had the same history, but we didn't shoot them !
Only because guns were not issued as standard..the police here are bad enough with Tasers, lord knows how many more deaths there could have been.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Is this a genuine case of Police being out of control or heavy handed or more like the usual suspects looking at causing mayhem?
Is this a genuine case of Police being out of control or heavy handed or more like the usual suspects looking at causing mayhem?
Who are “the usual suspects”?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here