Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FPC Snipers Are Off Again?!

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Boys, you're not learning are you. Tut tut.

Oh well, at least I tried.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Why on EARTH is that more pertinent than finding out about the bloke who is creaming a wage out of a football club that is losing money hand over fist?

And again what has it got to do with anything?

So is your gripe more about the man or the position of Chief Executuive. Could someone else do his job better or should there not be anyone doing that job at all.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Why on EARTH is that more pertinent than finding out about the bloke who is creaming a wage out of a football club that is losing money hand over fist?

And again what has it got to do with anything?

It's more pertinent because your entire modus operandi seems to be an assault on Perry and everything that he does, has ever done and may do in the future.

You admitted yourself in another thread that you have NO EVIDENCE to suggest that Falmer will not be delivered on time, yet you persist in these attacks on Perry while offering no justification whatever for what you're doing.

If you're going to attack him for "creaming a wage out of a football club that is losing money hand over fist" should you not be aiming the same attack at anyone at any level (players, backroom staff, programme sellers etc...) who take any kind of wage, however small, from Brighton & Hove Albion FC, seeing as they're doing the same as Perry is "guilty" of?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Ooh, don't start him on that - to him, it's Perry's fault Blackpool's ground didn't get built (which isn't the case, incidentally). Never mind the fact he got Bolton's and Huddersfield's built.

Obergruppenfuhrer didn't get Huddersfield built...we had a gang of dwarfs build it!!!

Hi ho hi ho its off to work we go.......:whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
actually you dont recon Arthur is that bloke who we set on as Chief Executive when DK took over...Nick Rowe?

He was allegedly sacked to get MP in wasn't he?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I'm just thinking back to when the two thousand extra seats got installed. Didn't that get delayed by about two years due to a small number of self-centred muppets complaining about everything and nothing?

True to a point. The actually withdrew its application when it was acknowledged that it wasn't particularly workable. (Needs clarification).

But then planning permission hadn't been granted at national level. Hazel Blears' decision carries an awful lot of clout.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
It's more pertinent because your entire modus operandi seems to be an assault on Perry and everything that he does, has ever done and may do in the future.

You admitted yourself in another thread that you have NO EVIDENCE to suggest that Falmer will not be delivered on time, yet you persist in these attacks on Perry while offering no justification whatever for what you're doing.

If you're going to attack him for "creaming a wage out of a football club that is losing money hand over fist" should you not be aiming the same attack at anyone at any level (players, backroom staff, programme sellers etc...) who take any kind of wage, however small, from Brighton & Hove Albion FC, seeing as they're doing the same as Perry is "guilty" of?

Show me some evidence that it will be delivered on time..................oh you can't!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
FPC must have read through all the reams and reams of paperwork. At the end of the day if the stadium wasn't built then that whole area would have been redeveloped with additional university/college buildings or light industrial units. They should consider themselves lucky that the incinerator plant isn't going there as it would have been an ideal location. The newsletter mentions the city college's premises at Pelham St are near the train station but I seem to remember that Pelham St is behind London Road about a 6 or 8 minute walk down from the station.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Show me some evidence that it will be delivered on time..................oh you can't!

Show us some evidence that it won't. It works both ways.

God knows what Arthur is trying to say. He's jumped from Dave the Gaffer's point about the amount of voluntary work that school governors put into the financial management of schools to some sort of snipe at Gary Hart.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

It is the club's and the city council's and the two universities' (and everyone else involved in the project's) intention to get all contracts, monies, construction work and delivery completed by August 2010. For this, the club is borrowing in the region of £30m. This is a long-term commitment to the club, sport in Sussex, education, sports sciences and community work. They have outlined how they intend to do this, how it could be financed and what the final construction will look like. They have already spent in excess of £4m on this over the past eight years. There has been a £5.3m injection of finance from the regional development agency. It is in everyone involved in the project's best interests to deliver this project on time and on budget. That, without actually resorting to being a fortune-teller is the best evidence one can offer for this stadium being built on time.

Whereas you can offer... NOTHING.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Obergruppenfuhrer didn't get Huddersfield built...we had a gang of dwarfs build it!!!

Hi ho hi ho its off to work we go.......:whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:
Dwarfs ? Shouldn't that be "persons of short stature" ????:lolol::lolol:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

You're obviously a politician of some kind (if you're not, you should be), seeing as you're so adept at sidestepping any question or point that you can't provide an answer to.

As for evidence that it will be delivered on time, the best I can offer is what was presented at the Falmer roadshow, which at least shows that the people running this club and stadium project (yes, that does include Martin Perry) are doing all that is within their poower to deliver the stadium on time.

While it isn't possible to say with complete certainty what will happen in the next few years (potential circumstances beyond the club's control which may affect things, or may not), I have every reason to believe that this club is in the best possible hands and that the stadium will be delivered as tehy have said, and if for some reason it isn't (circumstances beyond the club's control, as mentioned above), then it sure as hell won't be for want of trying.

You'll probably dismiss the roadshow as yet more Perry/Knight spin, but by it's very existence it offers a foundation for my viewpoint that you simply do not have for yours.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
FPC must have read through all the reams and reams of paperwork. At the end of the day if the stadium wasn't built then that whole area would have been redeveloped with additional university/college buildings or light industrial units. They should consider themselves lucky that the incinerator plant isn't going there as it would have been an ideal location. The newsletter mentions the city college's premises at Pelham St are near the train station but I seem to remember that Pelham St is behind London Road about a 6 or 8 minute walk down from the station.

You can do it in less than five. Walk two-thirds of the way down Trafalgar Street, turn into Blackman Street or Pelham Street, and you're there.

I think we should all give up supporting the club. There is CLEARLY not a snowball in HELLS chance of getting the stadium built. Martin Perry is a CHEAT a LOSER who has no IDEA how to built a football stadium. We should all go and support PALACE.

And I don't need to provide any evidence to support this, it's just true BECAUSE I SAY IT IS.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here