Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Fox den

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I’d be more than happy with Foxes, the singer, moving in however.

a6bd1f781a3b90150cd16da467e7ca63.jpg

kentgully

Jan 10, 2016
Worthing
Another 5 minute job question:wink:

Having moved into our new property last year, we have found a fox den in what was an overgrown part our garden. The neighbours tell me that the previous owner would feed foxes so no wonder they would come back.

I know that legally you cannot remove foxes but you can block up the den if it is empty.

Before anyone starts, I'm not interested in any arguments about the foxes rights, just how to stop them living in my garden!

It seems people talk about using rubble or cement so would you bring in a gardener or a builder to help as pest control only offer to help deter them?

Postcrete...

andy89l

Aug 30, 2005
We recently called in pest control for rats and when monitoring 2 foxes were found under our house (whole house is suspended about 15cm off the ground).
A trap was set and foxes would have been shot if caught. This is extreme but mating season is imminent so there were limited options to give us time to secure multiple entrances - as mentioned above it's not humane to trap in the foxes / their young.
Hopefully the entrances are now secure and the trap has been removed. Just monitoring under the house with a camera to check if any foxes are stuck under or still able to make their way in.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

Having moved into our new property last year, we have found a fox den in what was an overgrown part our garden. The neighbours tell me that the previous owner would feed foxes so no wonder they would come back.

I know that legally you cannot remove foxes but you can block up the den if it is empty.

Before anyone starts, I'm not interested in any arguments about the foxes rights, just how to stop them living in my garden!

It seems people talk about using rubble or cement so would you bring in a gardener or a builder to help as pest control only offer to help deter them?
It's called an earth in England not den.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
What a truly sad thread, no wonder the world is in a state when you can't tolerate a bit of wildlife in your garden.

Foxes come to my garden , I keep it pretty well maintained and have decent flowers so its not an overgrown mess and yes they dig the odd hole but do little damage , the only really visible evidence that they come into the garden are the muddy paw prints on my white wall but who cares about that. Yes they do shit and pee same as humans and yes they sometimes do it in very annoying places but again rarely and really does it matter. They haven't yet worked out how to pollute the sea and rivers yet.

If you have to move them then there are plenty of organisations that will do this without recourse to violence. Foxes have mated so there are possibly cubs in place.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
What you need is load of hounds, some horses and a load of posh knobs in red coats.

There are other ways to control the fox population but so far the aforementioned posh knobs have not found a more efficient way.

Last edited:

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011

As someone who used to have a fox den in the garden I can assure you that they are absolutely no threat to you or yours.

My cat and the fox (and sometimes cubs) managed to live quite harmoniously. One summers day i came home to find the cat and the fox both curled up on the lawn enjoying the sunshine no more than 10 metres from each other.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Flood them out, works every time. Hose in the hole, tap on half power, mum will moves the pups in the end, they normally have a spare den nearby.

Unfortunately after they have gone you will need to fill the den in as another will move in.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
If the foxes could speak they might make the quite reasonable case that they were here first

Really? How far back do homosapiens go, and how far the fox species? And in my garden I had been there 10 years before they tried to muscle in. Also, survival of the fittest is the natural way I believe.

Any way, foxes are vermin.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Foxes will be having their cubs any day now, try and leave them alone till the summer. After they are done raising cubs they will not be using it anyway and you can just block it up.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Really? How far back do homosapiens go, and how far the fox species? And in my garden I had been there 10 years before they tried to muscle in. Also, survival of the fittest is the natural way I believe.

In northern europe, foxes would have been here at least ten million years, not so us.

People are the vermin. Some more than others :)

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

you probably go back even further your a dinosaur ....

I assume you support Putin as that is his approach on life.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
We recently called in pest control for rats and when monitoring 2 foxes were found under our house (whole house is suspended about 15cm off the ground).
A trap was set and foxes would have been shot if caught. This is extreme but mating season is imminent so there were limited options to give us time to secure multiple entrances - as mentioned above it's not humane to trap in the foxes / their young.
Hopefully the entrances are now secure and the trap has been removed. Just monitoring under the house with a camera to check if any foxes are stuck under or still able to make their way in.

a bit of a missed message if i have read this properly - you seem to have mentioned the word humane but you are prepared to kill perfectly healthy creatures for no other reason than they are foxes. The humane way is to get a people who will move them rather than someone who is happy to kill for money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here