[Cricket] Fourth Ashes Test - England v Australia - Trent Bridge

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
If England do win this test, the Oval will be a feather bed on the Surrey Chief Executive's orders, to ensure 5 days worth of money.

I don't think it really matters anymore what the pitch is like. The way these two teams play, if the weather is ok it will still be all over in 3/4 days. I do actually actually fear for the days of traditional 5 day test cricket.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Drinks in the evening session of Day 1

England 189-3 (47 overs), leading by 129 runs, with 22 overs or more likely 1hr 15mins remaining on the first day.

Root 82* Bairstow 39*

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Drinks at 189-3 and the good news for the Convicts is that next up is Stokes, followed by Buttler, then Ali. Broad might have a bit of a dip as well...... :thumbsup:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I don't think it really matters anymore what the pitch is like. The way these two teams play, if the weather is ok it will still be all over in 3/4 days. I do actually actually fear for the days of traditional 5 day test cricket.

I take your point, though didn't both New Zealand Tests go to the last session, of the fifth day?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Johnson short and wide outside the off stumps... Root sends it to the backward point boundary :)

Johnson short and wide outside the off stumps... Root sends it to the backward point boundary :)

100 partnership for Root and Bairstow :clap2:

101 runs, 20.1 overs, RR: 5.00 (Bairstow 39, Root 58)

England 197-3 (47.5 overs), leading by 137

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Bairstow hits Starc for two fours... through the covers, and then midwicket... Australia seem to be a bowler light!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Bairstow hits Starc for two fours... through the covers, and then midwicket... Australia seem to be a bowler light!

Very obviously. S.Marsh in for M.Marsh, rather than Voges was an utterly ridiculous selection. Mental.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I think The Barmy Army need to amend the lyrics to one of their songs.

You bowl to the left
You bowl to the right
If your name's Mitchell
Your bowling is shite

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
They were about 5 batsman light too.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Jonny Bairstow 53* (73 balls, 9 fours) :clap2:

England 213-3, lead by 153 with 7 wickets in hand. :)

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Jonny Bairstow 53* (73 balls, 9 fours) :clap2:

England 213-3, lead by 153 with 7 wickets in hand. :)

:laugh: He was nowhere near hitting that one! His bat clipped his pad and the ball missed everything and flew down the leg side. It must be his day! :laugh:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports