Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fourfourtwo. Your clubs best ever goal.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Quite a few factors at play here. The technical skill involved, whether it was a team move or an incredible individual effort, maybe just the importance of the goal in question..

Halifax 2000 should deffo be on the shortlist though :thumbsup:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Quite a few factors at play here. The technical skill involved, whether it was a team move or an incredible individual effort, maybe just the importance of the goal in question..

Halifax 2000 should deffo be on the shortlist though :thumbsup:

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Robbie Rienelts at Hereford. Most important, and therefore undoubtedly the best ever.

except that isn't the criteria. So I would pick Bobby's goal v Reading in 2001. Great move and then a lovely waltz around the keeper.

Halifax definitiey for sheer "it got me out of my seat"nes

Last edited:

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Garry Nelson at Brentford.

No doubt some of the kids will suggest CMS's overhead kick at Burnley.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Highbury 83 (not Robbo's)

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Shame Vicente's shot that hit the bar against Derby didn't go in as that would have been a contender!

The dictionary defines best as "highest quality, excellence, or standing". Certainly not wanting to detract from Storer or Reinelt, they weren't strictly 'the best ever', but incredibly important.

Shirley there were some pretty tasty ones from Ward back in the day? I'm to young to have seen any.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
but not many made it to posterity. no match recording then. rarely featured on national tv. So just a lot of old men waxing nostalgically about their yoof

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Nelson at Brentford for me but sadly there is no footage of it.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
I was going to suggest Gerry Ryan's solo goal all those years ago against Man City but the Youtube clip doesn't really do it justice.

My recollection from the South Stand was that he walzed past the whole City team on a mazy run, but the footage shows the City players basically jogging alongside him up the pitch and then waving him through to slot it past Corrigan!

Leosayer

Aug 25, 2011
Kent
I was going to suggest Gerry Ryan's solo goal all those years ago against Man City but the Youtube clip doesn't really do it justice.

My recollection from the South Stand was that he walzed past the whole City team on a mazy run, but the footage shows the City players basically jogging alongside him up the pitch and then waving him through to slot it past Corrigan!

That's my recollection too.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
WOW!! Irvine's goal is an absolute cracker!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here