Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] FourFourTwo Ranks the 100 best football stadium in Britain

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
On the Amex:

BEST FEATURE The hawks that, without irony, scare away seagulls.

Really?

The resident Peregrine Falcon(s) (seen at the Brentford match) are a much better feature than any ‘paid for’ hawk bouncers that might be flown around the ground when there are no fans there.

What awful research!

Shocking. EVERYONE knows it’s there to keep the pigeons away :shrug::lolol:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Bloody Hell...I had just read what the author had to say about The Amex, and scrolled down to see The Enclosed Ground at number 30, with two cheapskate cyclists watching from the hill...and one of them is me!

Lovely stuff.

I prefer Whitehawk to the AMEX. I must try it from the hill at some time.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Lovely lovely main stand as well.

Worst burgers in Sussex though.

6F55B4FB-6B58-4514-B413-14F8A4D4603A.jpeg

I don’t know if there are any other non league grounds in Sussex with a two tier stand.

I’ve not tried a burger as I don’t eat meat, but hot food wasn’t available at the ground approximately three years ago.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Which one do you mean?

Well - Eriskay for a start. Claggan Park and quite a few of the other Scottish ones. But that's what I meant by 'technically correct' - as Stadium seems to just mean 'sports ground with tiered seats'. It's just in my mind I suppose I've always made a sort of distinction between 'grounds' (Lewes, Eastbourne) and 'stadium' (Wembley, Old Trafford).

But then Withdean Stadium was a Stadium long before we were there!!

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
View attachment 143173

I don’t know if there are any other non league grounds in Sussex with a two tier stand.

pretty sure it's the only one

only one that comes close is Worthing's main stand which is on top of the bar, with a row of standing below

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
pretty sure it's the only one

only one that comes close is Worthing's main stand which is on top of the bar, with a row of standing below

I did think maybe Worthing but I haven’t been there, only seen photos and wasn’t sure about the stand you mentioned.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
I did think maybe Worthing but I haven’t been there, only seen photos and wasn’t sure about the stand you mentioned.

yeh I'd say it's more of an elevated stand rather than a two tiered stand

Moaty

Aug 19, 2021
Lochend,Edinburgh
How Ibrox gets no.1 spot is unbelievable. 'Atmosphere' if atmosphere is being cramped up in one corner with the upper tiers pouring piss,soup, bovril and coffee down at you.With being subjected to-"We're up to our knees in Fenian Blood ,Surrender or you'll die' being one of their little ditties,they spew bile on us for 90 minutes that's after you run the gauntlet when you alight from the bus ,and on and on it goes,songs about Bobby Sands and FTP and 'the famine is over why don't you go home' followed by 'The Sash My Father Wore'-great atmosphere-tell that to the city of Manchester when they visited.If you like a 90 minute bigot fest aye it's no.1.

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
West Brom is the major anomaly in that list for me. A bang-average ground with no particular atmosphere, which is why our being drawn to play there in the FA Cup 3rd round was met with such indifference.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
On the Fort Road theme, I saw a game there somewhere in the 90's between, I think, Newhaven and Peacehaven, where the home side were reduced to 7 men and spent the majority of the remaining time hoofing the ball out of the ground. I can't remember the final score but I seem to remember it was quite an effective tactic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here