Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Four Month Shadow Cabinet Reshuffle

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Regardless of the time still to run until the next general election, the key question is are there enough Labour MPs that agree with his policies and stance to have a chance of forming something cohesive and credible? If not, the best thing for the Labour Party would be to find a candidate who *does* have those prospects, and give that person as long as possible to work towards the next election.

Does JC even want to be Prime Minister? I doubt it, to be honest.

You know, JC might be just what the Labour Party needs, and maybe he will go, but he might set the reset button on what they want to be and what they want to represent. He might bring them together himself, it's clear at the moment though that there is still very much a state of not knowing what they are doing, and that in itself might not be such a bad thing.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
21.png

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
You know, JC might be just what the Labour Party needs, and maybe he will go, but he might set the reset button on what they want to be and what they want to represent. He might bring them together himself, it's clear at the moment though that there is still very much a state of not knowing what they are doing, and that in itself might not be such a bad thing.

I just hope that he doesn't start to de-select MPs who don't agree with him, because that could backfire epically at a general election. Yes, you'd get all of the people that voted for JC in the leadership election going out and voting for their local Labour candidate, but it might be total electoral suicide given the small percentage of the overall voting base that those people make up.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Has Benn got the boot?

No, which is interesting. The reason mooted is that Benn has 'too many mates'. In other words, to sack Benn would be to reveal that fears of a Stalinist putsch are true. Corby would additionally suggest he is leading a party of varied view.

And before the gleeful tories say it, how can a party lead by an avowed unilateral disarmer have, as its shadow foreign secretary, a man who supports air strikes in Syria? The answer is, er, they are not the same thing, actually. How can a man who likes soup for starters be married to a woman who likes cake for desert? Easily....

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Seems Corbyn has narrowly avoided scoring a bad own goal by sacking the popular Benn.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
If continually missing your own targets is doing ok I suppose...

Aiming for the stars is a noble goal but directional drift is more important :D

May I compliment you on an early entry for quote of the year ...

it's clear at the moment though that there is still very much a state of not knowing what they are doing, and that in itself might not be such a bad thing

... :thumbsup:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Aiming for the stars is a noble goal but directional drift is more important :D

May I compliment you on an early entry for quote of the year ...

... :thumbsup:

You carry on worrying about what the opposition is doing, leaving the government criticism free. That is really good active political engagement. :moo:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
You carry on worrying about what the opposition is doing, leaving the government criticism free. That is really good active political engagement. :moo:

Not 'worried' what they are doing more an amused/bemused fascination.

Always happy to criticize the government where appropriate but this thread is about the opposition.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
At the moment, Corbyn seems intent on trying to be all things to all people in the Labour Party - which is simply not going to work. If he's to have a real shot at making himself electable at a general election, which I think is increasingly more unlikely, his best shot is to commit wholeheartedly to his beliefs and preferred policies. If that means creating a shadow cabinet which is as much made up of similarly-left wing MPs, then so be it. If he can't do that, the message might be that he is the not the person to take the Labour Party forward.

Because at the moment, for all of the Tory stumbling, the Labour Party stands collectively for the square root of sod all. If you look at the two of the big issues which generally decide elections, the economy and defence, they're even more confused and divided than they were under Milliband - and that didn''t exactly go down well with the electorate.

where did the 23b come from that the chancellor did'nt know about, like the education minister can't add up
#just off to the shops for some pringles

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
where did the 23b come from that the chancellor did'nt know about, like the education minister can't add up
#just off to the shops for some pringles

I've got no political axes to grind on either side, as I've voted for all three of the mainstream parties at some point. It is fairly widely-acknowledged that one of the primary reasons that Labour lost the last election was because the electorate didn't trust them on the economy. Since JC has become leader, my point is that their economic credibility has become worse if anything.

I want there to be a strong Labour party, I really do. But I also want it to be fit for purpose in the 21st century - under JC, the Labour Party is barely fit for the version of itself that was rejected by the electorate in the 1980s.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I've got no political axes to grind on either side, as I've voted for all three of the mainstream parties at some point. It is fairly widely-acknowledged that one of the primary reasons that Labour lost the last election was because the electorate didn't trust them on the economy. Since JC has become leader, my point is that their economic credibility has become worse if anything.

I want there to be a strong Labour party, I really do. But I also want it to be fit for purpose in the 21st century - under JC, the Labour Party is barely fit for the version of itself that was rejected by the electorate in the 1980s.

two things here this not that labour party, and I hope in hopes that when they do get in they nationlise the banks to eliviate some of the problem
I did hope that Brown would have done that but he did not have the backbone to do it
and I do see your points but JC has 4 years to gain more trust (he has it as grass roots but it getting those wayward MP's won over

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here